Friday, February 15, 2013

Secretly Awesome



This sweater has a gold, snake print up the front, like it was slithered on by a giant, gold covered anaconda.  It’s pretty cool, but you can’t really see it in these photos:



Guess you’re just going to have to take my word for it.  Because heaven forbid I actually take a photo that shows detail.

In addition to my secretly awesome sweater (a.n.a via JC Penney), I also wore my very favorite pleated skirt (thrifted via Goodwill), tights (Hue via Nordstrom Rack), boots (Vince Camuto via Nordstrom) and my new favorite scarf (Betsey Johnson via Nordstrom).


I just realized that I wear an awful lot of snake.  I wonder if that means the Sorting Hat will put me in Slytherin when Hogwarts finally calls.  I hope not!

Happy Friday, Everyone!  Like most, I have a three-day weekend, so I’ll see you all on Tuesday!

Gracey

Shop the Look:
As similar a snake sweater as I could find
Similar black pleated skirt
Similar black boots
Betsey Johnson scarf (in cream)

** Disclosure: Actions taken from the hyperlinks in this blog post may yield commission/compensation for the writer. Please see the Disclosure tab for more details.

18 comments:

  1. Aww, I hope so! I need some more awesome people to join me in Slytherin house. Not all Slytherins are evil witches and wizards. (And if you want to be properly sorted, go join Pottermore!)

    I do love the sweater, especially the snake-y bit, even if it is hard to see. You're pretty obviously awesome yourself, Gracey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the hints of gold fantastic-ness are awesome enough... that sweater looks great on ya. And you are the queen of pleats forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, it IS the year of the snake (from the Chinese calendar) so maybe that's why you're wearing so much snake!!! i LOVE that scarf so much. Betsy Johnson is one of my faves! and that snake print top is awesome!!!

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right, it's the Year of the Snake, as Claire said, and you're doing him justice. And your B Johnson scarf is so great too, I love seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you can see enough of it to determine its awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this look! And that subtle snake-print sweater is DEVINE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely look, Gracie! Hissssssss. The skirt length is perfect on you, and I like how the little scarf hearts peep out..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super gorgeous outfit Gracie ... love the glittery sweater. You have the happiest smile ... its infectious.

    Hope your weekend is fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, it's no secret that YOU are awesome, Gracey! Great sweater, cute skirt, and a thoroughly gorgeous outfit! Hope you are enjoying your weekend. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a classic, pretty combo - cream, black and gold. The snake print on that sweater is gorgeous! Then again, I may be biased, as I'm a Snake according to the Chinese zodiac. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My pics never show detail either- wish I had more time to take more detailed pics! But I love your boots and pleated skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is such a fun sweater! I love the metallic :)

    Natasha ~ TashaDelrae.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can see a little of the snake print design... it looks cool no matter what :) Great look!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am sure that the Sorting Hat would never place anyone with such a great smile in Slytherin! You are one of my bloggers, not only because I like your style, but also because you feels very true and like a person I would like to be friend with in real life. I don't know, but maybe that would put you in Hufflepuff, but as you seem brave too you might actually be sorted into Gryffindor. I suppose we will find out when we finally get the letter from Hogwarths, I am still waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It should say that you are one of my favorite bloggers in the previous comment

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh, shiny! I love the gold on the sweater. And don't worry, I don't think you have to be sorted into Slytherin unless you really want to :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super pretty outfit! I love the simple colors.

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).