Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Buffallamagator



I apologize for my absence yesterday.  I was out with a nasty head cold and was too exhausted to come to work.

I am still exhausted, but I went ahead and got dressed and came to work anyway.  

That may have been a mistake:



As you can see, my sartorial woes continue.  The concept was rust, leopard & cream, but I’m not sure the pieces are right.  To me, it almost looks like I’m in one of those children’s books where you line up the different animal parts, making things like a buffallamagator (buffalo-llama-alligator) or an elebratamus (elephant-cobra-hippopotamus).  

I mean, the rust cords (Christopher Blue “Angel Skinny” via Nordstrom Rack) make sense with the animal print flats (Nine West “Kicheya).  And they make sense with the cream sweater (MINKPINK "Golden Rule Jumper" via Piperlime).  But, I’m not sure the sweater makes sense with the shoes, even with the addition of the black metal lace necklace (Old Navy) to tie the two together.  

So, the top of the outfit works.  The middle of the outfit works.  And the bottom of the outfit works.  But, all together?  Buffallamagator.

Oh, well, what can I say, I’m sick.

Happy Tuesday, All!

Gracey

Shop the Look:
Christopher Blue “Angel Skinny” Cords
Nine West "Kicheya" Flats
MINKPINK Sweater
Similar metal lace necklace

** Disclosure: Actions taken from the hyperlinks in this blog post may yield commission/compensation for the writer. Please see the Disclosure tab for more details.

19 comments:

  1. I think the outfit works! Leopard print is enough of a neutral these days, that the shoes totally go with the sweater. I'm a fan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, I think the disconnect is between the sweater and the pants, not the sweater and the shoes. But I already know I'm less adventurous in my color pairings, so take my opinion with a grain of salt--it might just be me. That being said, though, I do love the sweater, the part of my brain devoted to knitting is trying to figure out how to replicate it. Sideways lace stripes! I'm all a-flutter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your reasoning is sound, and this outfit is great... all together and in pieces. That sweater is just all kinds of lovely! I'd wanna wear it with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what you're talking about...I think it all looks really great together! (I'm not big on leopard print, so that is saying something)
    Also I really love the color of the cords. Beeeautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember those books you're so fun making light of your outfit at least you gave it a shot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really? I think this outfit works like a go-to classic. I can't imagine this not working.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know, I like it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see nothing wrong at all! It looks great! Maybe you need to ease up on the Nyquil a little.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your perception may be skewed from your cold medicine because I think this looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like it, you always work a look, Gracey, sick or not!
    I wonder if the boxy- shaped sweater is a little wide on you, especially with the overhang at the shoulder? You have such fabulous long lines (look at your legs, wow!) that maybe the sweater cuts you off somehow? I don't know, just trying to see what isn't quite right for you here. But the warm creamy colour with the rust and the leopard are delicious, as are you!
    Hope you feel lots better soon. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. My big secret? I come here for the humor. You make me laugh every time. Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it looks great! I'm always super hard on myself when I have a cold (when I try, that is and don't just wear the work equivalent of jammies). Lighten up, darling and eat some chicken soup so you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think your cold is clouding your vision...you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love those pants! What a perfect color!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't pronounce that word for the life of me, Gracey! So glad it does not apply to you. You look as put together as always, even better knowing you are sick. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Feel better soon Gracey! My favourite part of this is the trews and shoes...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think your head cold is making you doubt your sartorial powers. It works.

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).