Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Pretend Lessons and A Bit More Yellow

Although I’m sure many of you are all yellowed out from yesterday’s Everybody, Everywear challenge, you’re going to have to suffer through a bit more today (unless, of course, you leave now, but what’s the fun in that?).  If it’s any consolation, this is (once again), not the outfit I intended to wear today so I’m not intentionally wearing every bit of yellow I have in my closet.  Although, the intended outfit included citron which is practically yellow so either way you were going to get some yellow today.



As the citron cardigan was no good (proportionally-speaking), I decided to pair my embellished white tunic (Design History via Ross) and skinny jeans (Gap Always Skinny) with an olive open cardigan (Target) instead.  I love yellow with olive so I added yellow peep-toe flats (Me Too via Nordstrom) and earrings with a bit of yellow on them (Target).


I finished up with olive and gold-toned bracelets (from top to bottom: Macy's, Mom-made & Banana Republic) to help tie in the earrings and the rest of the yellow.


Speaking of proportions (see paragraph 2 above), I know the length of the cardigan shortens my legs a bit and I should probably have worn heels with this, but I didn’t feel like it.  Although I like to think I can get away with things because of my height, I’m not sure I got away with anything here.  However, I have a plan; we can all pretend this is a lesson on proportions and that I’m showing you what NOT to do and then we’re all winners.  Agreed?  Fabulous.  I love it when we all get along.

Happy Wednesday, All!

Gracey

17 comments:

  1. I think the cardigan works because the shorter length of the sleeves counteracts the longer length of the cardigan, so you don't look like a droopy blob of olive. (You don't look droopy! I didn't mean that to sound like such faint praise.)

    I've been pretty meh on skinny jeans in the past, but I really like how they look on you. And the yellow shoes are like a little treat at the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The yellow shoes are great. I need more colourful shoes in my life.

    I think the proportions work, both because, as Mia said above, the shorter sleeves break up the length of the cardi, and also because the shorter white shirt under it helps elongate the bottom half of your ensemble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this look---I have been on an olive green kick myself since last fall.

    I think this looks fine on you proportionally.

    I admit though that I often have outfits that I know I should be wearing heels with to avoid looking stumpy (can we say pencil skirt) that I am just too lazy/comfort oriented to put on the heel and just go with flats. And I am ok with that. Makes it so much better when I do wear the heels and catch a glimpse of my legs and calves and wonder who those gorgeous gams belong too, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the skinny jeans on you. The plain cardigan looks great with the ruffle/textured tank under. adn the shoes :-) fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl you crack me up! Quit downing yourself you look sensational! I think it is scientifically impossible for ANYTHING to shorten your legs save amputation!! lol I love the textured tank against the smooth cardi. Pretty. Nice pop of color with the shoes! Kiah

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this on you, very Cali cool! BTW, yes my jeans were from
    the Gap. How do they fit on you, were they long enough?
    -Kandis

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol! I can't believe you said the cardigan shortens your legs. I didn't think that was possible. I'm pretty sure I can out-shorten you with a long cardi any day. Heehee..!! You look adorable, totally dig the yellow shoes, (you know of my affinity for bright shoes)
    xo, f
    The House in the Clouds

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so beautiful!!!!
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your legs are so gorgeously long that you get away with it easily, doll-face! I think those shoes are super-cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A shirt or dress would have to work very very hard to make your legs look short! Dig the look.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your legs look great. To my eye, that cardi works GREAT. Plus who says that we must always look like we are skinny, tall etc. I feel like its good to know the rules and then break them if you feel so inclined.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like yellow with olive too. To my eye, the yellow shoes looked like they might be wedges.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are tall.. I love anything in olive green so of course I am loving that cardigan..

    All the best, Angel

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the olive with the yellow - great color combo. Somehow I thought those were heels you were wearing....so I guess the long cardi didn't shorten your long legs too much!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think I have the same cardigan in fuchsia - and the olive is delicious looking.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love those shoes and that white top!!! very nice and the cut of the sweater over top is perfect on you also!! looking good-- you always have the best smile too!! xoxo J

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).