Tuesday, July 12, 2011

EBEW: Hello, Yellow!

First things first, I wanted to thank everyone for your lovely comments regarding the loss of our beloved pet.  All of your comments mean a great deal to me, so thank you all very much.

Now, for the post; it turns out that today is Everybody, Everywear’s Yellow Challenge.  And I figured that this challenge was as good a time as any to return to blogging.  It’s not exactly triumphant (we only got five photos before I started crying), but it’ll do:


This is not the outfit I intended to wear today; I had planned on wearing a black skirt but today is a little rainy and a lot of overcast so I substituted in my black pants (who are thrilled to be coming off the bench, btw).  I paired the pants (Banana Republic) with my yellow dolman-sleeved blouse (Target) which I layered over a black camisole for consistent opacity and belted it with a braided, cognac belt (thrifted).  I added cognac wedges (Kenzie via Macy’s), a watch (yes, I do own one) and a charm bracelet (Banana Republic).

I’m always cautious about wearing black and yellow due to the whole Bumblebee Effect, which, granted, doesn’t have the worldwide-tsunami impact of the Butterfly Effect, but, still, who wants to look like a bumblebee, right?  Right.  So, I added the cognac accessories to lessen the severity of the contrast between the black and yellow and I think it worked.

Thank you all again for your comments and I hope everyone has a lovely Tuesday,

Gracey

17 comments:

  1. i love your yellow outfit! and so glad youre feeling well enough to post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look good in yellow! I hope you are feeling better :)
    I think that the congnac accents negate the bumblebee effect :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. There you are, rocking the dolman sleeves again. I like! And I also agree the cognac accessories prevent bumblebee comparisons.

    I hope you're doing OK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The color of the top is more on the mellow, old-gold side of the yellow spectrum, too, which is very flattering on you. And the cream trim also removes it from bumblebee territory.

    As a side note, you pull off the cropped pants so amazingly well--on you they look how the catalog models make 'em look. (On me that style is grotesquely stumpifying. I wonder if it's because I've never tried neutral wedges with them. Honestly, I've never gotten beyond putting crops on in the dressing room and then hastily removing them before it ruins my whole day.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look beautiful! The top is gorgeous, and definitely not too bumble-bee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this outfit...I am also afraid of the bumblebee effect in pairing yellow and black and I think the cognac does a fantastic job of fixing that!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, darling! I only think bumblebee when I see black/gold stripes. This top is gorgeous. I just love tops with dolman sleeves. They make me feel so dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cognac accessories are a perfect touch. And my, those pants are fabulous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cropped pants are fabulous! These are a great fit and a great look on you. No bumblebee effect at all.

    And I am so sorry about your pet. I cried for 2 weeks on and off when our lab died. It's definitely a member of your family. Ours was sudden also, so I feel for you. It does get a little easier.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look great - love the white edging on your top :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I personally don't see anything wrong with dressing like a bumblebee, but I don't think you have to worry about it; you look super put-together and classy and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. awww Gracey! I'm so sorry! I've been without Internet for a few days (visiting my daughter in West VA). We had to go to the Paneras to get online, and oh my, does the time ever tick tock by quickly! I lost my kitty last summer, she was 18. I'm still having a hard time with it. On a happy note -- those pants look amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh SHUT UP! This is just so FABULOUS!!!! I love the yellow and the black together. You and I need to do a clothes swap sometimes.....I love your style! Hugs pretty girl! ~Serene

    ReplyDelete
  14. We wore the same shirt for EBEW! I found it on the clearance rack at Target for just $5 last week and there was no way I could pass it up!
    -Meagan
    http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. "..who wants to look like a bumblebee, right?"

    Whoa! I love bumblebees and their colors. haha. Maybe I have a quite bizarre choice, eh. Though, I love your outfit. ;)

    Cheers,
    Cathy@cheap digitizing

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).