Friday, July 15, 2011

Three Years Late

So, do you guys remember two or three years ago when “double denim” was all the rage and all the cool kids were wearing it?  Well, I just finally got around to wearing double denim:



Does this mean I’m finally cool?  Yes.  Well, probably.  For my first foray into double denim, I paired dark denim walking shorts (Macy’s) with a chambray tunic (Old Navy) and pewter sandals (Lovely People “Gilda” via Ideeli).  Although this outfit is a bit USPS, it was very comfortable and I quite liked it.  And now I can cross double denim off of my imaginary fashion bucket list, which is good news.



Also good news?  It’s Friday!  I’m super excited for this weekend because I have plans filled with art fairs, blues music, dinner with friends and drag queens.  It should be fabulous; and yes, I’ll try to remember to get pictures of the fabulousness.

What about you all?  Anyone have any big plans for the weekend?  I hope you all have a great one, whatever your plans!

Gracey

16 comments:

  1. Obviously your rocking of the double-denim is proof that you're a time traveler come into the future to warn us about something. But what? If it's Justin Bieber, you've come too late...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah! Double denim began three years ago? I'm am out of touch.

    You, however, are completely in touch with the awesome side of this look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that double denim girl and you are cool no matter what BOO!! You look super cute and TGIF!! Kiah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to laugh--by the time I find things in the thrift stores they are usually two years behind the fashion cycle. I totally understand the double denim. Want to hear all about the drag queens on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the cool kids do thing 3 years later anyway :) I always felt like we got trends super late in the Midwest, so I'm used to being a bit behind the times. And I agree, please report back on the drag queens! Have a fun weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a double denim DO!

    (plus, you have the best smile!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Double denim is awesome and looks great on YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the denim on denim. So cute. The dress in the previous post is adorable as well. You have a really pretty smile. :)

    Stop by and take a vintage fashion survey for a chance to win a $70 makeup giveaway here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did double denim very cool. Your weekend plans are making me jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. a bit USPS totally cracked up me up! I think you can totally make double denim work, and you aren't too late to the trend, people are still rockin double denim. I did earlier this year, anyway.

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  11. So since I have yet to get my hands on a denim top, the double denim look is totally still on my imaginary bucket list. But when it gets crossed off, I hope it's with fab metallic sandals like you've got on here..

    ReplyDelete
  12. you know, I can't beliee the double denim thing was that long ago! my guess would have been a year max. You look great btw!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is one of your best looks. Very hip ,minimalist and elegant .You;ve made these shorts look elegant! Bravo

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).