Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I Blame the Cardigan

This outfit doesn’t feel quite right to me, for which I blame the cardigan:



I think it’s the length and the poof of the sleeves – they’re giving my arms a complex.  Which caused my thighs to complain that if another part of my body had a complex then how would they (my thighs) get the attention they so desperately needed?  I talked them down by reminding them that A-line skirts are their friend so they didn’t have anything to worry about here. 

And really, they don’t.  This skirt sees a lot of use because the A-line is probably the most flattering cut for my particular shape.  Conversely, I never wear this cardigan (I can remember wearing it only once before) and now I know why.  I had actually placed it in the donation pile, but thought I’d give it another go-round before deciding for sure.

Today I paired the skirt (vintage, thrifted) with a floral tank (Old Navy) and the now-reviled cropped cardigan (August Silk via Ross).  I added my MRKT platform sandals (via DSW), a skinny brown belt (Gap), some green and floral bracelets and hot pink drop earrings (Alberta street vendor).  I thought the cardigan would work to today to cover up the spaghetti straps of the tank and it did, to an extent.  I mean, they’re covered, but it’s not terribly flattering.  So, the cardigan will be going to a new home and I’m confident I made the right decision.

Today’s Takeaway?  Don’t wear things that make your arms angry, no one likes angry arms.  Or, if you prefer; always give items one last shot before ousting them from your closet, there will be fewer regrets that way.

Happy Wednesday, Everyone!

Gracey

21 comments:

  1. Oh Gracey! Another one of your outfits that I just LOVE! You're one of the bloggers that I follow that I most closely relate to your style. So many outfits that you put together, I think, "Oh my gosh, I would wear that in a second!" Big Oregon hug to yoU! ~Serene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even if the cardigan is gonna end up donated, I like that it plays with the colors in the rest of your outfit. (: At least you can say you gave it a lost go first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i adore this outfit. what great colors and lengths, and i love those shoes!

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really? 'Cause I totally like the cardigan! Maybe it looks different in person, but I love this whole outfit. You never want to tick off your arms though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your arms do not need to have a complex. You look great! You should submit this outfit to the thrifting link up on my blog tomorrow!
    -Meagan
    http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Could the cardigan be worn buttoned up as a sort of cropped top?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cardigan, tired of being shuffled around from place to place and blamed for everything, unravels--film at 11 . . . Anyway, though the picture looks great and the colors are wonderful, this is just another reminder of something that I all too often forget: that you have to feel great in something, not just look good. (Crochet-edged white knit top in my closet, I'm looking at you.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loveee the yellow cardigan! So cute <3

    xoxo,

    Bonnie

    http://flashesofstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're funny. And smart. I agree with your analysis of the outfit and was entertained by it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually like the sleeves on the cardi. Your outfit is put together very well...tell those limbs that they need to get along!

    And....lovelovelove those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This made me laugh. I think the cardigan looks great on you, and that skirt is amazing! Also Angry Arms would be a good name for a band.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gracey, I think this outfit is lovely! The colors in the tank go perfectly with the sweater, skirt and shoes. I'm impressed! Perhaps a skirt with a slightly lower waist or slightly higher hem line would help? I just hate to see a perfectly beautiful sweater get chucked. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this outfit on you - such gorgeous colours, absolutely beautifully paired :) Awesome skirt, top and shoes combi.

    The cardi fits the mix perfectly IMO but then you can't argue with angry body parts. I got a dress scheduled for demolition because it always causes several testy body parts when worn. I think I'll take some pics of their final wear though - at least I might consider listing it on etsy in that case so someone a little shorter can get some enjoyment out of it..

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a little white cardigan like that, slightly poofy sleeves and with gathers around the neck. Ya know, I don't wear it either, I don't like the line it creates. Sometimes things just don't work. That said, you look awesome, and you should definitely have a cardigan that color, even if not that shape.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't think it's quite as dire as you thought, but since you're the wearer, you get to decide! The pattern on the tank is lovely, and I look forward to seeing how else you'll style it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aah that is so cool that you spell your name like that! Haha you are literally the first person I've seen that doesn't spell it "Gracie" Anyway those colors look fab on you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is a really cute outfit, I love the blue! I rarely wear blue, it's looks nice!

    thanks for the the comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The colours are all just great and work really well for you. That said, if you just aren't feeling it, or being made actively uncomfortable by the cardigan, out it goes. I'd definitely look for another one in that colour, though, because that part is unambiguously fabulous, I'd say.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gracey -- I kind of like this outfit on you. In fact, I really like the cardigan. If there is anything in it that I am kind of ehh about, I think it's your skirt ... I dunno. Maybe it's the length? Or maybe one of those other kind of skirts that are fitted? I'm drawing a blank on what they are called right now? the temps have fried my brain.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gracey, I love this outfit. It's gorgeous. I love the blue skirt with the floral top and the yellow. I am bad and never give away anything and since I started blogging it's even worse because I feel like I can put together an outfit with anything (not in a cocky way though).

    I gave you an award on my blog, BTW!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).