Friday, July 1, 2011

Last Thursday: Fire Dancers, Drum Circles and New Earrings

As you probably already know, yesterday was the last Thursday of the month.  Here at Fashion for Giants that means we get off work early and head up to Portland for Last Thursday on Alberta Street in NE Portland.  Unlike last month, the weather for this month’s Last Thursday was gorgeous and there were tons of people out and about:


There were people on stilts:



And men in bamboo hats:


There were cellists:


And there were saxophonists (he rode his bike there – isn’t that fab?):


There were drum circles:

 

And there were fire dancers:


And Super Hot Sex Advice was offered (for a reasonable donation):


There were also men in kilts, women in tutus, truly excellent DJs (Bell Biv Devoe, anyone?), food carts (Thai, Korean, Hawaiian, barbecue, roasted corn on the cob), jugglers, rock bands, blues singers and violinists.  It was absolutely lovely.

I wore this:

(Gap Always Skinny Jeans, DKNY tunic, Banana Republic sweater & leopard flats)

And I bought these:

They're wood and I think they're fabulous!

And today, I wore those new earrings (as I do):



In addition to my new wooden earrings, I wore a rasberry dress (Target), embroidered belt (Target), abstract floral cardigan (also Target) and my MRKT platform sandals (DSW).  I got in pretty late last night (didn't get into bed until nearly midnight) so I needed something I could throw on without too much thought, and this outfit is perfect for that.

In other news, Happy Canada Day!  I don't think I'll be posting much if anything this weekend, so Happy Fourth of July (!) as well.  And I'll see everyone on Tuesday!

Gracey

21 comments:

  1. Great outfit and I love the earrings. Have a fun long weekend Gracey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a similar extravaganza called "First Friday." No fire twirlers yet, though...

    Love the earrings and the pretty raspberry dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so awesome. I miss the street performers from when I lived in Santa Cruz...

    That outfit is great! I love (LOVE) clothing that is has food names for colors: raspberry, avocado, eggplant. Makes me hungry. And wood anything is basically amazing, so you've completely won me over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is has? I really do need that long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I love street fairs, and summer is just full of them. The new dress is such a pretty color for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like so much fun. I love the cool, laid back vibe of your neutral ensemble, and you are seriously rocking the berry dress. So basically, win win.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh, I missed last Thursday again! It looks like you had a great time and yes, the weather was perfect for that kind of thing. I love your new earrings:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a big fan of street fairs, too. Looks like you had a great time! The new earrings are adorable, and I also really like the purple (?) strappy shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos, I hope you had fun!

    http://www.hsquaredfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this looks like it was so much fun! I love street festivals so much. You looked smashing for it, and I love love love those blue sandals.

    Happy 4th! I won't be celebrating as such, due to the whole "now living in the UK" thing, but there will be fireworks in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH MAN! I miss Oregon!!! You're outfit was perfect for the occasion! Happy 4th girly! ~Serene

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a newbie here and I am loving it!
    Please stop by and enter our Lulu*s Giveaway We'd love to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the Target cardigan. It's right up my alley! Love street fairs, too. We have one here that is a peach festival, lots of peach tea, ice cream and cobbler! It's the only time I eat peaches, not a big fan, but presentation is everything, you know! Lots of great accessory shopping too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks like an awesome time! I hope you have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this dress and cardi combo on you !I also like how the shoes echo the blue color of the cardi!
    It seems that you had a great time plus you scored some cute earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This event looks so so cool!! Your earrings are absolutely gorgeous =D xoxo
    http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow this looks like a very interesting outing! Why do some look like they are dressed for winter and others like they are ready to go swimming?? LOL Portland = land of the free spirited!! haha You look so lovely in that raspberry color and I love that belt. What a score on those earring...nice! Kiah

    ReplyDelete
  18. love you in raspberry! so pretty! i love that you're wearing head to toe target!!! and what a fun thursday! looks like a blast. hope you're having a happy 4th!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. You're not going to share the sex advice? REally?! hahaha

    You look darn good for a gal that didn't get much sleep. I'd have dark circles and hardly be able to muster a smile, much less that 1000 watt one that you have. Have I ever said that your smile makes ME smile? Well it does.

    And Target, oh how we love target, I actually have an "I love target" post coming up. Its half written and almost ready to post.

    Enjoy your week my pretty smiling friend.

    xoxo Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks like so much fun! How very cool. I love the wood earrings...so unique!

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).