Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Handmade Polka Dots

Daily Outfit 2/15/11




This top makes me indescribably happy.  Orange and polka dots?  What can be better?  I sincerely think the answer might be ‘nothing.’  Except that I thrifted it, for $2 (!), which is probably the one thing that makes it better.  And yes, it was handmade by someone which I think is fantastic.  As a non-sewer, I love thrifting handmade clothes.

I also love this pairing. Red-orange polka dots with a coral cardigan might seem like an awful lot of orange in one shot, but I think that they go together rather well.  I actually had more trouble deciding what to wear on the bottom than deciding if these colors worked together.  I think they work brilliantly together and with the fuchsia and orange scarf.  And the brown boots serve to pick up the warmth from the top of the outfit.

As I said the top is thrifted, the cardigan Gap, the scarf is Echo, the jeans are Bandolino and the boots are Born Crown “Sosie” boots.

I'm telling you, I am so loving orange this season.  What about you, Style Nation, are you ready to try orange yet?


Gracey

8 comments:

  1. How cute! I love wonderful vintage handmade items. You know you are getting quality!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Lyddie. It's quality and it's not something everyone, or maybe even anyone, has. I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this outfit! You look awesome! And you have convinced me to try orange.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, a convert! You won't regret it, Allison. Orange is a very happy color! Didn't you wonder why I was always smiling? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that was handmade? It's so cute! And I LOVE that scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this scarf too, Anne. And, if you can sew (I cannot), the lady at the fabric store said it wouldn't be too hard to recreate either; it's just a series of accordion pleats and the edges are serged.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, thanks for the comment in my blog! I had to giggle when I saw the title of your blog and rush over here right way. We giants (I'm 5'10.5") have to stick together! Following you asap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rebekah! Thank you so much for commenting back - I'm always happy to meet a fellow giant!

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).