Monday, February 7, 2011

Rainy Days Are Here Again

Daily Outfit, 2/7/11




The Breakdown:
  • Turtleneck - Gap
  • Fuzzy sweater - thrifted
  • Linen skirt - Ralph Lauren - Macys
  • Violet tights - DKNY - Nordstrom
  • Booties - BC Shoes "Swear" - Piperlime
I like to wear white skirts in the winter - I know it's not particularly groundbreaking, but it still feels unexpected to me.  Or for me, rather.  The chunky sweater with the full skirt and the violet tights (which I keep writing as violent tights) are both the result of my saying "why not?"  Why not wear violet tights?  Why not wear chunky and full together.  Oh, I'm sure there are valid reasons, but I can't say I care what they are.

It rained most of the night last night, but was sunny and beautiful this morning, as you can see from the top two shots.  It then proceeded to rain off and on today, and by the time I left work, it was overcast and very cold.  Luckily for me, and my white skirt, it didn't rain on my bike ride in or my bike ride home.  But, I think the rain is here to stay for awhile.  I'll try to stick with outdoor shots, but may be forced back inside.  I'm just warning you.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Monday!

Gracey

9 comments:

  1. Those must be violent tights - they've gone and bruised your legs all purple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. It's a damn shame, isn't it? Damn violent tights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! I keep typing "through" instead of "throw". What's with my strange typo? Aack. It's probably past my bedtime. I just wanted to visit and say Hi! Those booties are rockin' adorable. And it looks like they can handle the violent tights alright!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why not indeed!? I think this looks great. Love the violet tights and the white skirt combo. Can you imagine if tights were violent? Sometimes I feel violent when then creep down all day and I wind up with the crotch of my tights at my knees...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love white in the winter! If I had a white skirt I'd be rocking it right now, too. And I adore the violet tights :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those tights and the booties!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabienne: If I stay up too late I get all sorts of interesting typos. And these booties are some of my favorite - they're super comfy too!

    Allison: I know what you mean about tights making you feel violent - these are pretty good at staying where they are supposed to, but when they don't, we fight. The tights and I.

    Monkeyface: Thank you, these tights are some of my favorite even though they they don't "match" anything in my closet. They are the only item I have in this color.

    Emmy: Thank you for stopping by - and for showing some love to my violent tights!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! I love the flow of the skirt together with the substantial coziness of your sweater. Brilliant! I'm still giggling about violent tights. (I typed that someone had "shite hair" recently... oops.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tegan, that's hilarious! At least I'm just insulting my tights and not someone's hair with my typo.

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).