Monday, November 7, 2011

Take Four: Fall Accessories from Coast to Coast

Hello, Dear Reader Friends!  I hope everyone had a lovely weekend.  Even though it’s Monday (boo), I’m excited because today’s post is the next Take Four post – and we’re talking about fall accessories.  Accessories in my closet generally consist of either shoes or scarves.  And while scarves are perfect for fall (and anytime, really), I decided to go with shoes for today’s Take Four post.  In particular, these Seychelles booties:



I chose these booties because they incorporate two big trends for this fall; chunky heels and menswear-inspired.  But, the best part is that they also incorporate tassels and fringe.  I love tassels and fringe.  I wore the booties (Seychelles “Clue” via Nordstrom) with a goldenrod bow blouse (Gap) layered under my cranberry Mr. Rogers cardigan (vintage Jantzen, thrifted) with a grey midi-skirt (vintage, thrifted) and grey Swiss dot tights (Hue via Macys).  Sadly, this color combination photographed like I am Ronald McDonald's personal secretary, but I swear it was more flattering and less fast-food-empire in person (no, really, I swear!).

But, enough about me. Want to see some other fall accessories in action?  Of course you do!  In which case, might I suggest a visit the other ladies of Take Four?  As always, they are Kelsey of Charming Pumpkin, Karla of Frugal Big Girl and Bekah of Matters of MerrymakingTry it; I think you’ll like it.

Happy Monday, Everyone!

Gracey

15 comments:

  1. LMAO! You don't look Ronald McDonaldesque. You look charming and beautiful as always. Love those shoes, btw. I covet them. Desperately. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in looove with those booties! I mean, come on, who doesn't love a tassel, menswear, fringed-out bootie? =) Also those tights are so cute! I am on a mission to get some cute tights now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat thing to do together! :3

    I'm so down with the menswear inspired thing. (No really?) I'm also not reading this as Ronald McDonald. XD It's super cute. If anything it reads more Gryffindor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looove those shoes and that blouse! The tights are pretty sweet, too.

    Haha and I just read the other comments, and I appreciated Tia's Gryffindor reference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. those are the cutest shoezies EVER!!!! I love them with those super darling tights!

    ReplyDelete
  6. QUICK, STAT, IMMEDIATELY GRACEY...READ MY SATURDAY POST CALLED...and the winner is. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo shoes are beautiful and I love Mcdonald's french fries...mmmm

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how in the early 90s Mcdonalds tried to class it up with goldenrod and burgundy instead of plain old yellow and red. Remember the foray into tasteful pastels in the early oughts? And now they're back to the classic primary color scheme, and people are suing them for marketing to children.

    In other news, I think you look super cute, head to toe. In absolute LUST with those booties, and the tights are brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa, those shoes are amazing. Envy! Covet! Great outfit, and awesome tights. Not Ronald McDonald at all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these gorgeous shoes and your tights are pretty cool too :) Looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see no Ronald! Actually, was just thinking how the mustard tie blouse and light shoes make for some great symmetry.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this, Gracey! Those shoes are on my wishlist! And, I love seychelles :) They look great on you and I love the color combo up top (even though you think it's got a little "mc" to it, haha) it's one of my favorite color combinations and very pretty on your skintone too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so into this, you don't even know. Rich fall colors (cranberry sauce and mustard are so good together on a turkey sandwich!), and those tights are driving me nuts. Swiss dots? Get out of here! What I'm saying is, you're great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gracey, your outfit is cute! You wear the cutest tights and shoes. I truly think they're awesome. I can't stop laughing at the Ronald McDonald comment. You are too funny!
    http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. loving the shoes, the tights, the cardigan - all of it!! What not to love about this outfit :)

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).