Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Simple Blue

I had a horrible time getting dressed this morning.  I started with a vintage sweater dress that I was going to wear with a blazer, a la Destrehan’s Daughter, but it was too hot.  Which is saying something because it’s pretty cold here.  Then I tried a plaid skirt and a fuzzy sweater but it was just too bulky; I looked like Bulky McGeen.  Then I tried this blue sweater with the plaid skirt and felt like Lumpy McGee.  I also tried this sweater with a camel skirt but felt like Frumpy McGee.  Finally, I ended up with this:



When it was all said and done, this was the outfit I felt most comfortable in today.  Just a simple sweater (Old Navy), jeans (Bandolino via Macys) and boots (Born Crown “Sosie” via Nordstrom).  Although I love layers and lots of color, I have to admit that sometimes simple is best. 

Happy Tuesday, Everyone!

Gracey

P.S. This will be my last “live” post until next Tuesday.  I’m going out of town for Thanksgiving tomorrow, but do have some posts scheduled that, Blogger willing, will post over the next couple of days.  I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving, and I will get caught up on all your blogs when I get back.  Promise.

P.P.S The weather has finally driven us inside for our photo sessions so bear with me as we try to figure these indoor photos out.

19 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I agree, simple can be best. And add a pair of fab boots, like you did : > Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boots, pullover, skinny jeans are total simple perfection. And man, I have had those days when nothing seems to work for me.

    Happy Thanksgiving, Gracey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the festivites, darling! You look great in blue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sometimes, simple is best! I like the color of that sweater! and your boots are gorgeous!
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing beats the simple elegance of jeans and boots! You look FABULOUS! Hugs girly! ~Serene

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great casual look!!! Love that sweater!!!

    www.fatandfierce.com

    Don't forget to enter my giveaway:

    http://www.fatandfierce.com/2011/11/tias-favorite-things-giveaway-1.html#en

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so pretty in blue and those boots are amazing! I hope you have an amazing Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sorry about your tough time getting dressed! hate those days! love the sweater!

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of the names you came up with made me laugh. You definitely don't look frumpy. A good pair of skinny jeans always saves the day and that color blue looks amazing on you! Have a great Thanksgiving! :)

    http://theclosetintervention.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have no idea how I'm going to survive in a Gracey-less world for a whole entire week!!! Have a safe trip, and a wonderful holiday. I look forward to reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also had a hard time getting dressed this morning. I wanted to wear a specific pair of pants and after trying on a few different tops/cardigans, I just decided that something was off. I decided on a dress instead!

    I hope you have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh man! Rock that simplicity. :3 Such a fabulous fall look.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am definitely not a giant but I am following you because I have many friends who are much taller than I (most of them) Greetings from a Sicilian in Rome.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think you should've titled it Sweetie McGee. Thanks for linking up. I really like the simple look because the color of that sweater is bold and the sleeves are a nice unusual shape. I do the same thing where I pick one sort of dazzler and let everything else be simple. Soometimes, its the best choice.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This works nicely. And the saturated blue is gorgeous.

    Happy holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. that blue hue of the sweater is so PRETTY!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha, I have those days too! It's so nice to know that we all still have difficulties getting dressed & don't feel good in anything some days (even as fashion bloggers :)) But what you ended up with is so cute - you're right, sometimes it's best to just keep it simple!! Oh, and that color looks beautiful on you, btw.

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).