Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Wear It Wednesday: Tunics

I'm participating in Wear it Wednesday today, which is being hosted by the lovely Bekah of Matters of Merrymaking.  This Wednesday's item to wear is tunics, about which I am fairly excited because I love tunics.  And my favorite way to wear them is layered over leggings as I've done here:

In front of a huge sequoia at McMennamins Grand Lodge.


For this outfit I paired snake print leggings (Target) (you can sort of see the snakiness of them in the last shot) under a cream and gold lace tunic (thrifted) which I in turn layered under my trusty black sweater (Jones New York via Ross).  I added flat black boots (Chinese Laundry via Piperlime), a brass and crystal necklace (via Special Portland) and a few bracelets (Banana Republic and Macys).  Full disclosure; I'm pretty sure this tunic was originally sold as a dress.  But, as you can see, it's nowhere near dress length on my tall self.  So, for you tall ladies out there, if you're looking for tunics, look in the dress section - that's what I do.

To see how everyone else wore their tunics today, stop by Matters of Merrymaking; Bekah has a whole list of participants.


Happy Wednesday, Everyone!  I hope everyone has a fabulous Thanksgiving!

Gracey

15 comments:

  1. I think that's the best way to wear a tunic, lovely combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Gracey, I need to look through my closet for any tunics that I may own. I love your hair down and the color combo is so flattering....great new location too. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes gift is on its way!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the layers! The lace just peeking out is so cute :)

    I've got a "What I Wore" linky on Wednesdays if you'd like to join in, too!

    http://transatlanticblonde.blogspot.com/2011/11/what-i-wore-wednesday-versace-for-hm.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this tunic, Gracey! It's beeeeeautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah! That tunic! It's so awesome. I'm so sad to hear you thrifted that-I'll have to keep an eye out when Mia and I go again later this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could see more of that awesome gold lace because I bet it is magical. Also, I love when I see things in the background of your photos and know where you are. It never gets old.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that lacey gold tunic. I have one kinda similar, but it's crocheted (also thrifted). I've always found the gold is too fancy to wear on regular days so I don't get a lot of use out of it, but this is a really great way to dress down a fancy gold lace tunic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i looove tunics and i wear them over leggings too! it's a perfect combination! :)

    p.s. i hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving!

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    $100 Shopbop Gift Card Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely outfit, as always Gracey! I loooove that tunic - the gold lace details are just beautiful! And the sweater layered over top is perfect - it looks like such a fun and comfy texture too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to see more of this tunic Gracey! And I love the look of this entire outfit. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the new location! and cute lace peeking out :)

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  12. That cream and gold lace tunic is awesome! :D
    http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. When someone writes an post he/she maintains the idea of
    a user in his/her brain that how a user can understand
    it. Thus that's why this paragraph is outstdanding. Thanks!

    Look at my page - Lift and glow pro reviews

    ReplyDelete
  14. We are a gaggle of volunteers and starting a brand
    new scheme in our community. Your web site offered us with helpful information to work on.

    You have performed an impressive activity and our entire group shall be grateful to you.


    my web page natural products

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).