Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

Easter, 1979 (?)


For your Easter enjoyment, I have provided a picture from a long ago Easter.  This is me and my older sister, Rosey, on Easter morning in what I think was 1979.  Every Easter we would get a new outfit and an Easter basket.  We would put on the outfits to go hunt for eggs and then root through our baskets unearthing such treasures as Cadbury Creme Eggs, pinwheels, Silly Putty and Babyland paper dolls (shown above).  

In 1979, our Easter outfits consisted of some rather fabulous jumpers.  I love this picture because so many of the things that are true in this photo are true today.  For example, spring weather in Oregon then was similar to what it is now, so we had to layer turtlenecks under our jumpers.  I clearly did not shy away from color, even then.  And yes, my hair has always looked much the same as it does today.  

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter, filled with new outfits and naked-baby paper dolls or at least Cadbury Creme Eggs.

Gracey

15 comments:

  1. Oh the cuteness! I love this! May your day be filled Cadbury Creme Eggs and all things merry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable :) I used to love getting a new Easter dress and don't know why I ever stopped, hehe. Silly Putty made me giggle, that truly was treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love your jumper:) Hope you are having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. adorable photo!! thanks for sharing this.. you were really cute back then too!! :)
    xox J

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just as cute back than as you are today :) Happy Happy Easter Gracey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are both so cute!!!!! and you would put on outfits.... well that is prob why youre so fashionable today!

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  7. This picture is too cute! I wish you and your family a happy Easter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found myself really studying this photograph to see if I could guess which of these two girls would be you. I could see a bit of your smile in the girl on the left.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so cute, Gracey! i love seeing old pics. i love the jumper. in fact, i wanna buy one and wouldn't mind it if it was just like that one you're wearing (though quite a bit bigger - hee hee).

    hope you had a Happy Easter!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. D'awww! How very adorable! My mama always made me and my big sister matching dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw how cute! I wish I was that stylish at such an early age. Hope you had a good Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great photo of you and your sister! So adorable! :)

    It's kind of nice that the 70's styles are popular now -- we can get all nostalgic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL YES! Those jumpers ARE fabulous!! They would still be current today! You obviously had some very stylish parents! ~Serene

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet :) Fab outfits the both of you and that paper doll looks enviable :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my goodness that picture is ADORABLE- the jumpers are to die for!

    *liz

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).