Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Some Citron, Some Leopard, An Award and Some Questions

Daily Outfit for Tuesday, April 26, 2011

High winds again today meant no skirt again today (no, C., the wind does NOT understand our pain):



So, once again, I’ve resorted to some skinny jeans (Old Navy), this time paired with a tiered blouse (Nordstrom), citron cardigan (JC Penney) and peep-toe leopard-print flats (v. old via Ross).  I have only worn this cardigan once before because although I love the color, I don’t do well with shapeless clothes.  I always want to belt them into submission, but this time I just let it be and actually really like it with this blouse.  As in like it so much I’m probably going to repeat this combination in the future.  You’ve been warned.  And what goes better together than citron and leopard, right?  Right.

In addition to brow-beating you into agreeing with me on my citron/leopard love, I wanted to tell you that the sweet and wonderful Gretchen of GretchTM gave me an award the other day.  I have been given the “One Lovely Blog” award:


Dear Gretchen, I accept.  And thank you.

One of the conditions of the award is that I need to share seven random (not specific, it’s in the rules) things about myself and award it to 15 other deserving bloggers.  Let’s start with the random, shall we?

1.      Dancing is my preferred form of exercise and I have tried pole dancing, Jazzercise and belly dancing to stay fit.
2.      I didn’t learn to drive until I was 20.
3.      I don’t like swimming in water where I can’t see the bottom.
4.      I have a terrible ear for languages and it makes me sad.
5.      I was a tomboy through high school – no skirts or dresses, ever.
6.      I love salmon in any form – raw, baked, grilled and barbecued; I love it all.
7.      My family goes white water rafting every summer and I am terrible at it.


I know this is a long post, but stick with me for just a bit longer because I need to ask you all something.  As you know, in my outfit description I include the brand of the item and where I got it.  My question is this: is that helpful and/or interesting to anyone?  And if it is, would you like me to include links to the actual item or a reasonable facsimile?  I guess what I need to know is if you’re interested in the provenance of what I’m wearing and if you’d like to know where to get your own or not.

Please to let me know in the comments or via email – whichever makes you happiest.

Also, I wanted to say hello to my new readers/followers and as always, thank everyone for reading.

Happy Tuesday!

Gracey 

22 comments:

  1. I find the brand helpful because sometimes if I like a piece I might see if I could pick it up. (The other day you did in fact enable me right into a coral cardigan; I am very happy with it, and it was inexpensive, so thank you.) Listing brands can also clue people in to lines they may not have tried before. As for the particular shop, I live on the other side of the country, so I wouldn't find the name of an amazing little store in Oregon helpful, but locals might. Links are fine if you have time (on other people's blogs I sometimes follow them to gasp in mock horror at how expensive the item was), but I'd say don't hassle with it if you don't feel like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the yellow cardigan. I'm not bothered by your listing the brand and I am not likely to click on a link to buy it myself. Usually, I just take the idea of a look and then go search out something like it at my local thrift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your tiered white shirt! It's so light and airy for spring/summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww, thanks gracey! annnnd...i can't believe you didn't drive til you were 20!!! holy smokes, girl!
    -brittney
    http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i cant believe you didnt drive until 20! i was in the car and on my was asap! i love your tiered shirt :)

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like it's pretty common practice to include the brand, and if it's something currently in stock, and I remember, I try to include a link. But I dont bother looking for similar stuff, if someone is interested they can do their own hunting.

    ...driving well... at least you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look lovely in yellow. I love those shoes! I learned to drive when I was a teen but I didn't get my license until I was 21! I was always a passenger! lol You so deserve this award...both you and your blog are LOVELY! Kiah

    ReplyDelete
  8. You deserve this award! I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't drive as a teenager. Haha! I love salmon too! It's so good, especially with teriyaki sauce.

    I do like seeing the brand of your clothing! It's great info.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful top! It looks great with the cardigan. I do appreciate knowing the brand/where you purchased something. It is very helpful to me. As far as including links, I would say that it may be useful (I do sometimes click through to look at items when other people post links), but I know it is also very time consuming. So, I would say it depends on what you have time for.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great outfit, Gracey! I really LOVE this one. the bright yellow with the tiered top, the animal print shoes and those skinnies look fab on you!

    congrats on the award. you so deserve it!!!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah lovely yellows! It amuses me how you say 'I didn't learn to drive til I was 20' like that's late. Over here, that is the age when most people learn to drive, and many don't learn til they're in their 30s. I have a drivers licence which i got when i was 18, but I haven't driven in 6 years, so I will have to relearn. I don't think I'll really get round to it until I have kids though, I just have no reason to.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Thank you for the award, I will get working on my random facts!!!

    I love the tiered blouse on you and I do like knowing where you purchased items so that I can stalk them out if I want to purchase or just to broaden my places to shop :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the tiered top with this cheerful cardi :)

    I find it interesting where clothes come from but I am not fussed about links. When I get the urge to copy I usually check a few sources (especially ebay hehe).

    Congrats on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am loving this yellow! I do like to know where things come from, but I don't always need a link.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for the award!!
    I also love salmon. Mmmm tasty. I like it when you include where things come from, tall friendly stores are always good! This is a great outfit. I like the lacey feel of the top and the jeans look great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, you look great in these skinny jeans! And I really like the citron cardigan, it's such a nice color that I so wish I could wear. I feel the need to belt open, flowy cardigans too, but eh, sometimes just let them go. I think you have enough structure with the jeans that it balances out.

    I went white water rafting for the first time ever a couple summers ago in Colorado, and although it was really fun, it was a little terrifying. I don't know how you do it every year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhh, I love the citron and leopard! My red and leopard is having some serious color envy right now. I like knowing the brands of things people wear so I can hunt it down if I want it. I don't really need a link though - that can get really labor intensive, and I think that if someone really wants something they can find it with the brand alone.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely outfit! This is so pretty without being serious "girly". This cardigan is inspiring serious lust in me...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the bright yellow! The tiered top and loose cardigan works great on you, especially with the more close fitting jeans.

    No cruising until age 20 ? wow. That was the thing to do in my little home town, drive around and around and around town. Fun times.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yellow and ruffles and skinnies...just makes my day.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, thank you so much for the award! :)

    I love salmon too, gosh, could I have some like right now? :)

    I'm a bit late in answering, sorry, but I agree with not bothering to link to shops. I'm more interested in what stories you have about the clothes than where I can get hold of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aw thanks for the award!!! Sorry it's taken me so long to respond - life has been CRAZY! For the links, I wouldn't break your back trying to include them, but I would say it can never hurt. A lot of times I find inspiration from others outfits, even if I don't necessarily purchase their exact item (I try to keep purchases down in order to keep from being wasteful/materialistic and also because I'm POOR!!) Love the white and yellow combo here - so summery!

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).