Friday, April 29, 2011

A Return to Tights

Daily Outfit for Friday, April 29, 2011

So, apparently Mother Nature is mad at me for daring to go bare-legged on Wednesday and for hollering about how I refused to wear tights any more.  Because today?  Today I had to wear tights:




It was freezing this morning, you guys.  For the first time in awhile I could see my breath and had to wear my gloves on my ride in.  Needless to say, I am NOT very happy about it, but I hate being cold, so tights it was.  I wore my grey tights (Nordstrom) under my fuchsia skirt (Target) which I paired with my navy and white striped tee (Target) and grey cardigan (GAP).  I also wore a pair of thick, OTK socks (Nordstrom) and my riding boots (Born Crown “Sosie” via Nordstrom), because, yes, it was that cold.

I wanted to put away some of my winter clothes this weekend, but to be honest, I’m a bit afraid to do so.  I’m convinced that as soon as I do, it’ll snow.  I guess I just need to quit complaining about the weather, and maybe it’ll finally get nice. 

Does anyone have any big plans for the weekend?  I’m going on a couple dates tomorrow (yes, plural) as a result of my online dating.  I’ll let you all know how they go.  I also want to visit the Saturday market and I think Sunday I might be going to a movie and/or shopping with a friend.  It should be a fun, if maybe cold, weekend.

I also want to say again how much I appreciate you all taking the time to read and comment on my blog.  And welcome to any new readers – I do hope you’ll stick around for a bit.

Happy Friday, Everyone!

Gracey

15 comments:

  1. Go you, crazy dating lady! (Well, "crazy" in that you're going on multiple dates. Not "crazy" as in "crazy cat lady." Don't be that lady on your date, trust me.)

    And if you have to wear tights (I'm busting out the pants - it's snowing tonight), at least take solace in knowing how cute they and the whole ensemble are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking lovely as ever! Loooove the tights:)I wrote a little bit about you on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore tights but agree that it would be nice to winterize them and let the bare legs of summer take over!

    None the less, your tighted look is fab :)

    xx Cat brideblu

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the pink skirt! and .... hmph. give me cold! it was 93 here today and i sweat from just standing outside!

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wooo online dating! Hope you have fun! Or at the very least, hope you get a free meal out of it :)

    I love pink and navy together, so I'm a fan of this outfit. I hope it warms up to bare legs weather again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, at least you are looking good while wearing your tights! I was so cold today that I was starting to wonder if it was acatually February again. Good luck on your dates!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello!! First time visiting your blog, and when I read your "about me" section I felt totally identified! I'm also pretty tall (according to Latin standards haha) and it sucks not being able to wear super high heels because I always end up being the tallest girl!! Grrr :(

    Oooh and good luck on your dates!!

    Will definitely come back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! Going for that pretty skirt was great, adds some color to those stripes, cute blog!

    Cess O. <3
    The Outfit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been very cool in my area this week. Two days I wore a winter coat to campus.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look FAB lovely!

    Monique xx

    misszuman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gracey, I saw this over on Danielle's blog (Keep Warm) and needed to share it with another cyclist. Check out these helmets.
    http://www.yakkay.com/
    I know, right!?

    ReplyDelete
  12. But isn't today divine? I'm prancing around in my shirtsleeves! And tomorrow! 70s! Wheeeeeeee! Take THAT, tights!

    Best of luck with your dates (!) today. May all of them be awesome. True story: I met my boyfriend on Craigslist.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yay, a couple of dates, huh? What did you wear? I love this outfit. Stripes are great cuz I feel like they match everything! they look so great with this fuschia skirt.

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait to hear about your dates!! You look lovey as usual. Cold weather sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great how you jazzed up the grays! And how you match those lovely flowers behind you. :)

    Hope your dates went well! Or more than well. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).