Thursday, April 28, 2011

Exhibiting a Complete Lack of Creativity

Daily Outfit for Thursday, April 28, 2011

The outfit I had planned to wear today involved a muumuu and some boots.  It didn’t work out.   I was running late and under the gun to wear something (nakedness generally being frowned upon at my job) and I chose this:



That’s right, I’m exhibiting a complete lack of creativity with today’s outfit.  A few bloggers have made reference to “uniforms” and I think that this look may be one of mine; jeans, tunic and a cardigan.   I know I wear this look a lot, but it really is comfortable and easy to put together, especially when I’m running late and nudity is not an option.  Also I just realized that this is my second blue and brown look from this week.  To be honest, before I began blogging I didn’t notice how often I pair those colors.  I think it’s fair to say they’re some of my go-to colors, just like this is one of my go-to outfits.

Today’s uniform incorporates Real Straight jeans (GAP), a floral tunic (thrifted), ever-present brown cardigan (Old Navy), blue scarf (H&M) and blue leopard flats (Nine West).  Even though it’s formulaic and possibly boring, it’s nice to have a go-to look.  Sometimes I just can’t decide what to wear.  And instead of wearing something that’s innovative and creative but that I don’t love and am therefore uncomfortable with, I’d rather be comfortable today and resume the creativity battle the next day.  (Just an FYI – tomorrow’s outfit is probably not going to be any more creative, but I planned it that way on purpose.  So far as you know.)

How about you, Friend Reader?  Do you have any go-to outfits and/or color combinations?  Something that might not rock your world but at least you know you’re presentable and/or not naked?

Happy Thursday, All, we’re nearly there!

Gracey

P. S. Thanks again to Fergita Pepita, Kathy and Phylissa for taking these pictures while I'm waiting for my new camera.

22 comments:

  1. Don't you just have those days when you don't feel creative at all? Sometimes it helps to have a uniform and yours certainly looks fabulous on you! Very Oregonian! Hugs! ~Serene

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw you still look put together! just in a comfy way, which is totally okay sometimes. my go to outfit is a high waist skirt with a cropped top, it is so comfy! usually with some pointy flats :)

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my go to items are cardigans and i am flexible with colors. I love the blue and brown together and especially those flats. Its hard to be unique and diffeent all ths time. The best part of blogging is seing your own transformation and experrnts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, sometimes you just need a uniform. It those days when getting dressed should not take an hour and you know you can just look cute if you put 'that same old thing' on again.

    Plus, i love the tunic, the print is great!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  5. You still look great and I love that blue scarf! Yes!!! I most def have a go to outfit/uniform...it is black slacks...a top (any color) and a black blazer. I wear this go to outfit to work twice a week!! I just change the top! lol I am not able to be very creative (so to speak) with my outfits for work...we have a very strict dress code!! zzzzzz lol;-) Kiah

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this look - I think you look awesome. The print of the top is really pretty. My uniform tends to be t shirt, jeans, boots, and jacket. Which could be problematic now that the weather is warming up. Also, your curls look great. Any products you can recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the shoes! Yes, I absolutely have a few go-to outfits that I wear when I don't have time or don't feel like coming up with something creative. Some days, I just need to wake up and get something on (Nakedness is frowned upon at my office as well:).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uniform or not, it's a cute outfit.

    As for your last post, your shoes are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in love with ur flats! lol *-*

    U r delicate n gorgeous, loved the way u matched* blue leopard print with flowers. =)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is how I dress a lot of the time, so I don't find it to be lacking in creativity! Sometimes it's just nice to have outfits that are quick and easy to throw together in the morning. And I really like the blue/brown combo, especially that lighter shade of brown.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep, I have the same uniform as you! I think that's why I started following your blog. Yay uniforms!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the bright blue! i tend to go with shorts and a tshirt on lazy days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. love love love those bright leopard shoes! those are super cute, Gracey! you look good in blue!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello, yr blog is great! Follow each??

    Btw, I have my 1st giveaway in my blog, hope you are interested to join XD

    http://mrsvintagehk.blogspot.com/2011/04/mrs-vintages-1st-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey! As uniforms go, this is pretty darned chic, lady.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had to mentally pretend that Reese was the same age as him in the movie because I think that's what they meant to portray her as. (and holy moly she got in shape to look fit and young!). I think they are the same age in the book, too, so I hope that helps! I was in the same boat as you. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. My entire wardrobe is pretty much a uniform - cardigan/top/pants - jeans on the weekend, slacks during the week. Eh, it is what it is.

    I think you look great - I love blue and brown together. I think I'll wear blue/brown one day next week in your honor :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. See, I think you look really pulled-together, and you've clearly hit on a good go-to look that works for you. My own uniform seems to be jeans or denim skirt, with a striped top and some sort of scarf. Sometimes, I feel like 12 years old, with all the striped tops, but they're cheery and cheap, so what the heck.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Some mornings it is all I can do to get clothes on, so the "uniform" approach is survival for me those days. I subconsciously think I absorbed this from WNTW---cardigan, top (often printed of late, usually neutralish) and skirt (I wear pants very rarely to work, long story). It gets it done presentably and without to much brain engagement on my part.

    I think your outfit is quite stylish; love the great printed blouse. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, and your style sure ain't broke.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super cute blog & outfit!

    Xx

    http://chelseasgirl.wordpress.com/

    http://theidea-generator.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aw, thank you all for being so understanding about the necessity of wearing a uniform some days. It's good to be understood.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful look! Those shoes are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).