Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Pretty Shiny Copycat

Daily Outfit for Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I featured a look from Kristine of Pretty Shiny Sparkly on my blog earlier today, and here is my version of her outfit:



As soon as I saw Kristine’s post I knew it was something I wanted to try out myself with my new Gap trouser jeans (my whiny thighs having caused the ouster of my last pair).  Taking my cues directly from Kristine, I paired my jeans with a floral tank (Frenchi via Nordstrom), drape-y cardigan (Mossimo/Target), bright belt (Style & Co via Macy’s) and platforms (Franco Sarto via Nordstrom).   

Inspired by Kristine’s brilliant accessorizing, I even wore a little jewelry in the form of turquoise earrings (gifted) and a vintage cameo bracelet.


This outfit was amazingly comfortable.  I wish it had photographed better because I really do think it was flattering and is definitely something I would wear again.  And it’s a look that works for giants and non-giants alike!

Happy Wednesday, All!

Gracey

15 comments:

  1. I'm loving the accessories! This outfit is fabulous. Thanks for the sweet comment you left. You made my day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your version! the wide leg pants look amazing on you!

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gracey, I LOVE this outfit! So great. I really want to buy a pair of those GAP trousers. They look amazing on you. Love it paired with this floral top, and green cardi. So fresh!

    I awarded you the Sunshine Award on my blog because I adore you!

    Claire @
    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this outfit! The sandals are great and I adore your bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the inspiration, and love your version! Your lace top is so pretty!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very, very nice. Those jeans are fantastic on you, and inspire me to want to solve my non-skinny, non-relaxed denim dilemmas, because the right pair of trouser jeans is an amazing way to sharpen up a fairly casual look.

    Your accessories are amazing, as well. I have a cameo brooch I cannot style! This must not be allowed to continue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice copycat! I really love trouser jeans and am so glad they are "back".

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastical! And I am totally envious of that cameo bracelet and the wedge platforms.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The next time you wear those jeans I'd love to see a longer shot of them--I'm curious how they look from the front. I looked at the Gap page and some people seemed to think they were more bell-bottoms than wide-legs; what do you think?

    On another matter (orange, that is), here's a lovely post that shows women into their eighties wearing orange and looking fabulous: http://advancedstyle.blogspot.com/2011/04/spring-awakening.html. Me, when I grow up I want to be the woman with the color-blocked outfit and the yellow tote.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Sue - In my opinion, these jeans are a hybrid between wide-leg and flares. I'll show them from the front next time so you can see.

    And thank you so much for that link. I don't just want to be, I need to be, the women in the caftan and turban. I'm going to start working on that now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh gracey you look so pretty! I love it you look great:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is an excellent copy of PrettyShinySparkly's look! You have a good eye.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colors of this outfit, that green is my FAVE at the moment :)

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).