Friday, October 7, 2011

Positively Peacockian

It’s chilly and wet and I’m fairly sore from Wednesday’s Cardio Step class so today’s outfit is all about comfort:



And color.  Peacockian color, to be exact.  Yes, I did just totally make that word up, but I’m convinced it works.  I’m also convinced that this outfit works.  I’m wearing riding leggings (Vince Camuto via Nordstrom), a jersey tunic (silence + noise, thrifted), an open, jersey cardigan (Target), riding boots (Born Crown “Sosie” via Nordstrom) and a cashmere scarf (Nordstrom).

So comfortable.  And if not positively peacockian, then mostly peacockian.  I’m aware that the burnt orange scarf may not exactly fit the peacock color scheme, but 1) it’s my favorite scarf and 2) it’s orange and orange goes brilliantly with both olive and teal so I couldn’t not wear it.  Right?  Right.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Gracey

18 comments:

  1. Super outfit. The scarf really adds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those boots! Great pop of color with the scarf!

    http://frugalbiggirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally dig this color combo, milady. I seriously want to find an orange scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gracey, you look gorgeous in this gorgeous outfit. Love the peacockian colors and the word. Have a great day darling..thanks for stopping by. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for dropping by my blog, following you back! Pretty outfit by the way, love the bright cheery scarf, still loving your boots! By the way I just realized how tall you are, I think I look like a midget beside you!

    love,mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love love the outfit! You look wonderful - comfortable and put together

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute!! i love the pop of orange from the scarf!

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh, this looks so drapey and comfortable, and with great color pairings like you always have.

    I don't think I've ever said it before, but I like your glasses, too. :) They suit your face.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As much as I like your clothes, there's something I like even more -- your smile. It's so full of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a perfect outfit for a post-workout, comfy day, ha! I really love the color combination of this - peacock is the perfect analogy! I will definitely take some inspiration from this one...going to look for similar colors...

    http://somethingoldmeetssomethingnew.blogspot.com/2011/10/scarf-inspired.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this look!!!I follow u! pass to my blog and follow me too :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. ADORE. The orange scarf is the perfect accent, and you look comfy and stylish. Why can't more women figure out how to dress like this?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great color combo.

    GTBB,
    http://badjoan.blogspot.com
    http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those boots are so ridiculously cute. Great fall outfit!
    -Meagan
    www.spunkychateau.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. pretty colors!

    Lindsey Turner
    http://thriftandshout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. love this outfit. looks super comfy and easy to wash (one of my favorite things!). and just so you know Pigtails is sitting next to me and pointed at your picture and said, "cute!"

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful color combination. I love how you put everything together.

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).