Monday, October 17, 2011

WeeCap: Frisbee Golf and a Pumpkin Patch

I know I’ve been a little remiss in my weekend recapping (or, weecapping, if you will) lately, but I’ll try to make up for it today.  Not only did I do stuff and things all weekend, but I remembered my camera and was able to document the stuff and things I did.

On Saturday, FB, the FC and I all went to Adair Park in Albany to play Frisbee golf.  I wore this:

INC Leggings (Macy's), brown tunic (NY&Co via Ross), men's chambray (Gap, thrifted), low boots (Target) & orange cashmere scarf (Nordstrom)

I haven’t played Frisbee golf since the eighth grade, so my playing skills are nothing to write about, but the course itself is.  It’s absolutely lovely.  The course isn’t just out in the open – it goes through the woods and up and down hills, so there is so much to see as you’re playing.

For example, I saw this:
View from the second tee


And this:

You play right through these woods


And this:

Banana slug!


And these:

I have no idea what type of mushrooms these are, but I think they're lovely.


On Sunday, we were supposed to go with my family to the pumpkin patch, but my sister wasn’t feeling well so it was just the FB, the FC and I once again.  We went to the Airlie Hills Farm pumpkin patch in Monmouth, Oregon, and once again, it was just gorgeous.


We rode the hay ride:

J & T (the FC) on the hayride


Saw this awesome fuzzy goat (goaticus fuzzius):

Awww.  So fuzzy!

Went through the corn maze:

We were in there for over an hour!

And bought some pumpkins:

Cream/tan striped tunic (Old Navy), black leggings (Hue via Nordstrom), blue scarf (H&M) & low boots (Target)
 
All in all, it was an absolutely fabulous Fall weekend!

Gracey

11 comments:

  1. Love both scarves!!!

    www.fatandfierce.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lovely weekend, and you look great. And that goat! How did you walk away without taking that goat with you? (Other than common sense I suspect. I am weak in the presence of fuzzy animals.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a fantastic time! Wonderful location!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, the fuzzy goat! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That goat is adorable!!! I seriously want one, but my dog might have a problem with a pet goat. Love the bright blue scarf on you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am I the only one who didn't go to a pumpkin patch this weekend? Seriously. Everyone on my facebook has been posting pumpkin patch pictures, and a few of my co-workers told me that's what they did this weekend. Being a city girl, I went and bought pumpkins from a parking lot located in between one of my favorite bars and a 24 hour diner.

    Looks like a fun weekend! And aww! Fuzzy goat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like such a fun weekend! What exactly is frisbee golf? I've never heard of it! I do love the outfit you wore though :)

    Pumpkin Patches look like so much fun. There isn't one around here but I REALLY wish there was!!! BTW- that is the CUTEST goat I've ever saw :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i've never heard of frisbee golf before?!? i'm hoping to make it to our punpkin patch this weekend...sounds like a lot of fun.

    [oomph.]

    ReplyDelete
  9. You looked too cute, and it looks like you had loads of fun! The Pacific Northwest has some really beautiful scenery.

    Um, goaticus fuzzius may be the cutest thing ever. I want one! lol

    Kelsey
    charmingpumpkin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those mushrooms are gorgeous! I wish I knew more about wild mushrooms so I could figure out what they are.

    In non-mushroom-related comments, this looks like loads of fun...I have to get myself out to the pumpkin patch and corn maze one of these weekends.

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).