Monday, October 24, 2011

WeeCap: Thriftin’ and Fishin’

Sadly, my weekend this time around didn’t include any fuzzy goats (or goats of any kind, which sucks) but it was still fun.  On Saturday Alex and I went to Zumba and then thrifting.  I found a new pleated skirt (yes, I needed a new one), a new clutch (also in dire need of a new one of those) and a vintage men’s cardigan by Janzten.  It’s very Mr. Rogers.


For the past week or so, we have had the most gorgeous fall weather, and Sunday was no exception so we took the opportunity to go fishing:



We caught grasshoppers for bait and while I was doing so, I stumbled upon a rather large praying mantis:



We also picked some apples from this tree:



And we fished in this pond; sadly without any luck but it was gorgeous:


Sunday evening, we carved our pumpkins.  Here is the before shot:


And here they are after:


Very scary, no?

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend as well!

Gracey

4 comments:

  1. Praying mantis! I'm going to make something up about how finding one is good luck, just because it should be. They're so cool.

    This is such a picturesque weekend. Can't wait to see your Mr. Rogers cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pumpkins! Apples! Fishing! Everything that makes fall wonderful... =) It looks like you had a wonderful weekend. Can't wait to see the Mr. Rodgers sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow... such gorgeous pictures. I have never ever carved a pumpkin before, and now I really want to!
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love fishing- it is one of my fave activities. Did you know I didn't know that you could use grashoppers for bait? Thanks for the tidbit of knowledge.

    Your pumpkins look cute. Maybe not too scary but seriously cute :)

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).