Thursday, October 20, 2011

Muted Florals and Violet Tights

Every time I wear these tights I want to describe them as violent tights.  But, these are violet tights, not violent tights.  Trust me, if these tights, or any others, tried to get violent, my thighs would squash that insurrection posthaste.  My thighs do NOT mess around.

So, yes, I’m wearing muted florals and violet tights today:



I love this dress.  I wore it once this spring but I think the muted colors lend themselves a bit better to fall.  Or I just like this outfit better.  Today I paired the dress (vintage) with my civilly obedient violet tights (DKNY via Nordstrom), a thin brown belt (Gap), taupe cardigan (Gap) and my riding boots (Born Crown “Sosie” via Nordstrom).

To sum up, love the dress, love the tights and love that my thighs strong-arm unruly undergarments.

Happy Thursday, All!

Gracey

P.S. Today is Thursday and Thursdays are for thrifters but because I’m not wearing any thrifted items today I’ve linked up to Spunky Chateau with yesterday’s thrifted dress.  And if you have a thrifted item you’d like to showcase, you should link up too!

23 comments:

  1. Those tights add the perfect pop of color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the color combo on this outfit, and have to agree with you about the colors being suited for fall, it's lovely! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tights really bring out the pinks/purples in that dress. It's a gorgeous print too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Civilly obedient tights are obviously the best tights, no doy! This dress is utterly gorgeous for sure...I might be a bit in love with it. :3

    -Tia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely tights... they make it super fancy and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG this is so cute! I love the pop of color in those tights! Kiah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha violent tights?? I love them though! It really adds a touch of hidden color to the outfit and makes it stand out!

    Love! ~Angel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gracey this dress is so beautiful. I love it on you and the tights pull it together. Beautiful vintage piece. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this outfit, particularly the dress and the viole(n)t tights. This may be my favorite outfit yet!

    By the way, it's official: "civilly obedient tights" is the phrase of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love the tights with the high boots! i have been going to the same thing!

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the silhouette of the dress and that you added color with the tights. They look great with your boots.

    ReplyDelete
  12. If I ever get in trouble walking down a dark alley, I'm calling your thighs for help!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha, maybe that's why I have two pairs of similar coloured tights - they fought off the other colours to get into my shopping bag. :)

    I took a blog-break but now I'm back! Good to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have I told you how funny I think you are? The "civilly obediant" comment made me LAUGH.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the print on your dress! I think violet goes with ANYTHING.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a pretty look. Love the dress and boots, both great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the dress and the tights and the whole darn thing. It's time to re-up my tights collection for the year with some fun new colors. It's time. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am speechless, this dress is beautiful and you styled it so perfectly! It is classic, flattering, subtle yet chic - I seriously love everything about this outfit!!!
    I'm following you btw, even though we are like opposite sizes your outfits are always so well put together and such an inspiration... to any height, ha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. everything about this outfit is perfection. i love the tights, love the dress with the belt and the boots. sigh. they're gorgeous!

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. love this look . you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely outfit ~ you look gorgeous :-)

    I couldn't help giggling at your comment about violent violet tights LOL Nothing to do with fashion in the slightest, but I always end up referring to saws as "swords"!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a beautiful look! I love the colored tights.

    Julie

    P.S. Thanks for stopping by OAGJ:)

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).