Thursday, January 10, 2013

Lord Jeff’s Cousin, Chet



In November, I wore a vintage cardigan made by “Lord Jeff” (you can see it here).  Well, I’m pretty sure this cardigan was made by Lord Jeff’s cousin, Chet:


Excuse me, I mean Lord Chet.  My understanding is that Lord Jeff and Lord Chet were minor royals/playboy cousins during the 70s.  They spent a lot of time in Ibiza, of course, but also in Switzerland.  It was their time in Switzerland that encouraged them to create their own lines of après ski wear.  Like this sweater:


In the spirit of the 70s, when they wore the heck out of some turtlenecks (and also because I love turtlenecks,) I layered the sweater (vintage via Vintage by the Pound) over a black turtleneck (Hinge via Nordstrom).  I also wore a pleated skirt (Goodwill), tights (Spanx via Nordstrom) and my new rain boots (Merona “Zajac” via Target).  I feel like Lord Chet would totally approve of this look.

You know who else would approve?  Starsky.  Little known fact: Starsky, of Starsky and Hutch, was dressed almost exclusively in sweaters by Lord Jeff and Lord Chet.  From what I’ve heard, their cousin Penny was the costume designer for the show so they had an in.

Happy Thursday, Everyone!

Gracey

Shop the Look:

I couldn't find my exact cardigan anywhere, but there are a lot on eBay and Etsy vendor hellhoundvintage, has a great selection.
Spanx Tight End tights
Similar skirt
Similar turtleneck
Merona Zajac Rain Boots (I think you can find them in the store for 1/2 off)

** Disclosure: Actions taken from the hyperlinks in this blog post may yield commission/compensation for the writer. Please see the Disclosure tab for more details.

13 comments:

  1. What an education it is to read your blog, Gracey! Thank you for telling us more about those sexy playboy aristos Jeff and Chet, and their Starsky-dressing cousin Lady Penny. Who knew? Apart from you, of course, you crazy chick! I love the thought of you joining in with the naughty 1970s après ski scene with the Lords!
    Fabulousity all round! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post was really interesting. Your sweater is so unique. I love it with those boots. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super fun sweater!! And some interesting history behind it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you learn something new everyday! I will keep a watchful eye out for Lord Chet and Lord Jett garments. Your sweater is so cute! I like the way you styled it with the skirt and the boots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this ski look-in-town, Gracey! It really rocks with the pleated skirt and fab boots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa!!! Lordy, lordy, another stupendous sweater! Those cousins clearly knew their stuff, and you are rockin' it, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! I love that you know so much about this cardigan. I love so many of the fashion trends of the 70's, so laid back and cool. You look very chic in this combo dear! The boots are a great cold weather punch to it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think every woman needs one black turtleneck shirt. Or five.

    Wow, I love learning new stuff on your blog. I will be keeping an eye out for some Lord Chet at the GW Boutique ;P

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry, Gracey, but I always get a bellyful of laughs when I visit your blog. LORD Chet! Precious!
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights

    the shop of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  10. lmao Lord Chet. That sweater is all sorts of awesomesauce. It is very Hutch!! King of the turtlenecks. Bravo for pulling it off :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dude, you always, always make me laugh and giggle. I think you're missing your calling here, you're wicked funny. (Is "wicked" still a good thing, is that still cool with the kids these days?) Erg, anyways, I love your rains boots, I wouldn't have even guessed that they were rainboots, they look so comfy and fuzzy! (Is that a liner in them or do they come like that? If so, those are the best rainboots ever!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fascinating blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere?
    A design like yours with a few simple adjustements would really make my blog shine.
    Please let me know where you got your theme. Thanks

    my webpage; http://prjunket.com

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).