Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Fire Starter

These shorts are not corduroy…



But I can’t seem to convince my thighs of this fact.  The fact that the fabric is ever so slightly ribbed was enough for my thighs to attempt to start fires in them all day today.  This in spite of the fact that I had a talk with my thighs when I put this together this morning, assuring them that these shorts are NOT corduroy.  However, as soon as I put the shorts on, my right thigh yelled “Burn, baby, burn” and the left countered with “Cry ‘Havoc’ and let slip the dogs of war.” (The left has traditionally been more militant than the right).

I even tried to convince my thighs to put down the matches by telling them how flattering these shorts were to them, but I still heard mutters of “conflagration” and “where’s the flint?” all day long.  In spite of the muttering from my thighs, I do like these shorts; they're a good length and a good fit.  And although fussy thighs keep me from wearing them often, I was determined today and paired the shorts (New York & Co via Ross) with my neon camp shirt (thrifted) layered over a white tank (Old Navy) and neutral platform sandals (Target).

Heh, I just realized that I paired neon with a neutral – I don’t think this pairing was on my fashion bucket list, but let’s say it was, I’ll check it off and we’ll all pretend I know what I’m doing.  Agreed?  Fabulous.

Happy Wednesday, All!

Gracey

14 comments:

  1. Well I'm glad your thighs didn't set these shorts on fire because they are awesome! I think the longer length really works with the platforms Also, your posts always crack me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) love the pink top! and your funny way of seeing life!

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too funny:) The shorts are very flattering and I love them with those sandals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, I love the top. The conversation with your thighs has me worried...as I do have an upcoming pair of corduroy shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay for neon and neutral! and i love those platforms. very cute. this is a great summer outfit. i love shorts and platforms!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are on the same length as I think of giving a similar pair of shorts a try .But I'm not ready yet.
    It definitely looks dressy on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clearly your thighs just know that you are HOT :) Shorts can be tricky for me, and I really like how those look. I'm going to give shorts a whirl. Does it feel funny to wear heels with them? That also gives me pause, but if you did it then I'm in !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha, your thighs have a mind of their own! And arsonist tendencies. These shorts look so great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I generally find thighs to be ornery beasts. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those shorts area a great length for work and they fit you perfect. I LOVE your shoes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love when tall girls aren't afraid to embrace tallness with tall shoes! I have the same ones from Target - love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yours is one of my favorite blogs to come to for humor. :)

    Also, true story: I cannot STAND the feeling of corduroy. It gives me icky shivers. That irrelevance aside, those shorts look great, so ignore your pyromaniac thighs and show 'em off!

    Happy holiday weekend! I hope you have something fun planned.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Look at those heels! So brave! (I'd fall flat on my face after one step) I love the style of the shirt as well! I've been looking for a silky kind of shirt with a military flare :)

    My recent post: http://theimpressionistblog.blogspot.com/2011/06/audrey-inspired.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. hahahaha! you are too funny, and you look awesome! Love the shorts, paired with the neon top, and your shoes! one of my favorite outfits on you!

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).