Thursday, January 12, 2012

Blue and Berry and Blueberry

I feel a little like Violet Beauregarde today, albeit without the need to be juiced and without the blue skin.  Although, cold as it’s been in the mornings biking to work I’m a little surprised I haven’t turned a delicate, frosty blue.  But, we’re not here for the weather (freezing), we’re here for the clothes (blue, berry and blueberry):



Really though, outside the orange scarf, I think young Miss Beauregarde would totally be on board with this outfit with it’s shades of blue, berry and blueberry.  I paired my blue dress (Eddie Bauer, thrifted) with a blueberry wool blazer (vintage, thrifted) and berry ribbed tights (Hue via Macys).  I added a cognac belt (thrifted), lace-up booties (Nine West via TJ Maxx) and because it orange goes with everything, a cashmere scarf (Nordstrom).

And because my dress, my blazer and my belt are thrifted and today is Thursday and Thursday’s are for Thrifters, I’ve linked up to Spunky Chateau’s Thursday’s are for Thrifters Link Party.  Stop by and join the fun!

Happy Thursday, All!

Gracey

17 comments:

  1. i'd love it if you had the photo. I feel so complimented! but where are the new shoes .I was waiting to see them again today!I like this delicate pattern on your dress .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these colors together! And that thrifted blazer is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh love everything about this outfit Gracey! Especially the berry legs and brown boots :))

    Catherine x
    http://notdressedaslamb.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look like a beautiful berry salad, in the very best of ways!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My immediate impression, when you popped up in my RSS feed reader, was 'wow, SHARP.' Beautiful colours, lovely clothes (I really like the print on the dress) but most of all, I think it's the silhouette that grabbed my attention. It really, really works.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gracey! I love this outfit and it's description! I love willy wonka, always have always will! This is my favorite outfit I have seen on you thus far!

    -Nico

    www.SatinAndSalt.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dammit! Teddi got here with that pun before I did. Love it! Makes me want sorbet. I'll probably pin this for color inspiration later.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I donno....if these were the colors Violet would wear - I'd wanna wear them everyday!! Such a cute idea for color inspiration :) I am really loving the blues and berry colors. Perfection!


    Thanks for visiting my blog <3
    Tasia
    http://rufflesandsequins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is truly, truly adorable. I love the way you combine colors. And those shoes? Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dude, that color combination is nigh on perfect! Also, your thrifting powers are quite clearly high: that dress is unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE this colour combination... so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that dress Gracey! Not to mention the great tights and your boots!Thanks for linking up at Thursdays are for Thrifters!
    -Meagan
    www.spunkychateau.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a beautiful and subtle color combination! I'm always astounded when I come across Eddie Bauer clothing for women--it's well made and I frequently bring it home from the thrifts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this color combo and that you're rocking color tights! The print on your dress is great, too!

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).