Friday, January 20, 2012

Love and Tunics in the Junior’s Section

I love tunics.  And I love this tunic:



And yes, I found it in the junior’s section.  I usually try to avoid the junior’s section when I’m shopping, for a couple of reasons.  One, I’m not a junior and haven’t been one for years (don’t worry how many years, it doesn’t matter).  And two, I don’t have the body of a junior, and haven’t for many years (again, let’s focus, people.  Focus.).  But, every once in awhile I like to troll the junior’s dresses because they make them so short these days (the dresses, not the juniors) that they make perfect tunics for giants like me.

I layered today’s tunic/dress (Weaver via Ross) over a long-sleeve tee (Gap) and leggings (Target).  I added the obligatory boots (Born Crown “Sosie” via Nordstrom) and belt (Gap) and was out the door easy-peasy.  Easy-peasy being, of course, the preferred amount of effort for a Friday.

And it is Friday, so everyone have a good one and an even better weekend!

Gracey

14 comments:

  1. that is one very pretty tunic says the girl who shops in the juniors, & hasn't been a junior in ages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, a very pretty tunic! I have trouble wearing tunics myself; I never know what to wear with them. A lot of the times leggings seem like too little and jeans seem like too much. Oh well, go figure! You look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juniors dresses are crazy short! But too short dresses make excellent tunics, as you're showing us today :) I am definitely on the tunic-loving bandwagon, and may just be wearing one today as I type this here comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a shameful number of children's clothing in my wardrobe, so I feel ya, lady. (: And it's hard to resist when they're made of a killer fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gracey--Here's hoping your weekend is memorable. I do troll the juniors clothes as well as women's extra large...as one never knows what they might find.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the tunic on you!
    I'm always so happy about unexpected finds like this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to just wear Juniors clothing for a very long time. Then after my shopping ban, I just wasn't drawn there anymore ever. But sometimes, i like to look to find dresses too! :) Love the pattern on this one:)

    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is super cute! Love the print and I love how you belted it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely post!

    Shall we follow each other? I'm following you.

    WWW.FASHIONWHIT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love the juniors section too :) clothes get too serious in the adult section!

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  11. yes, they do make those juniors dresses so damn short, but usually they are so much cheaper...
    clearly, you know how to make it work.

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO cute...love that you're willing to look where the pickings are tricky. I totally do the same thing, only I'll shop the kids department because I'm already such a midget, it actually fits (style is a bigger concern). This tunic looks soooooo pretty on you and fits you in a very flattering way!

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Junior dresses as tunics - what a cute idea! I will have to keep that one in mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So, so cute as a tunic. I officially love you in patterns; they're SO flattering on you!

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).