Thursday, January 26, 2012

Casual Shine

As I said during the EBEW Sequins and Shine Challenge, I have a hard time breaking out the shine in casual situations.  Sequins and shine just read “fancy” to me and I like that about them.  But, today, I think maybe I’ve mastered casual shine:



I really, really like today’s outfit.  Yes, in part because it involves leggings and a tunic, for which I am a sucker.  But, I also love it because it exudes a bit of shimmery goodness that falls well within my Daytime Shine Comfort Level.  The silvery-gray blouse (Halogen via Nordstrom) worn over the black tunic (Old Navy) has a subtle shine.  And it picks up the similarly-hued shimmer from my snakings (snake-leggings via Target).  The scarf (BCBG) has a less subtle shine but still doesn’t make me feel as if I should be tap dancing in a top hat* so I’m comfortable with it.  I finished the look with black riding boots (Vince Camuto “Fantastic” via Nordstrom), earrings and a bracelet

And, there you have it; casual shine as imagined by a giant.

Happy Thursday, All!

Gracey

*Point of fact: if I could tap dance, I would do it all the time, whether I was wearing sequins and a top hat or not.

17 comments:

  1. Did you get your snakings recently? I love them. I must have some for my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shine. This color gray is one of my favorites. great styling too..

    Rhe
    rhestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gracey you look so nice! I agree with you on the sequin thing. I LOVE them but I have a hard time making them day appropriate. You did so flawlessly

    -Nico

    www.satinANdsalt.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this outfit too. I really like how you tied the scarf.

    xo,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have TOTALLY mastered casual shine here, lady. And the snakings add the perfect hint of pattern! And I'm in lust with your boots. Come to mommy! Was that over the line? Shoe lust is socially acceptable, right?? Anyway... you're looking fabulous, dahling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see why you like this outfit so much! All very flattering and chic, and there's just something about the drape on that silver top that hits me where I live. Also, your boots are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of my favorites among your outfits (most recently I really liked the blue striped dress with the orange scarf, too). I never would have thought of layering a blouse over a tunic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How novel! Like you, I've only associated shine with fancy clothes but this outfit works beautifully. I like casual sheen. You may have started a whole new trend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the silvery grey blouse is beautiful, but it is the magic you've worked with the scarf that makes this look for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dude, you should take tap dancing lessons. They are so much fun. And then you could dance alll the time.

    I'm loving the shine here. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gracey, yes you are now a master of casual shine...this looks beautifully layered and casually shiny. I love it!! Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely fantastic! I love how you've layered everything. So chic without being too fancy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE this outfit! you look so pretty and chic and fashionable and comfortable. it shows in your face that you like it, too! happy friday, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the shine! and those Vince Camuto boots are fab!!! i like your addition of the scarf. really great touch!

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yep,looks like you got it; 'cause this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).