Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Of Tangerines and Traffic Cones and Shameless Self-Promotion

I was very excited to wear this tangerine-colored skirt today.  Even if it did photograph a little more traffic cone than tangerine:



I still like it.  Mostly because it makes my booty look awesome:


That’s right, I am engaging in some shameless self-promotion of my booty.  If I can’t do it here, among friends, where can I do it?  Okay, yes, I also do it in front of the mirror, but that’s just not as fun.

Want to know what is fun?  My awesome, booty enhancing tangerine/traffic cone skirt.  Made all the more awesome because it’s vintage and I thrifted it for a dollar.  I paired the skirt with a grey and black striped blazer (Halogen via Nordstrom), a black blouse (Nordstrom), black tights (Spanx via Nordstrom) and black wedge booties (Nine West “Peekaboo” via Piperlime).

And yes, slapping some bright orange across my hindquarters is also out of my comfort zone, but I’ve had this skirt for months now and haven’t worn it.  I needed to and figured another day in the discomfort zone wouldn’t kill me.  Also, it’s so fun with stripes!

Happy Tuesday, All!

Gracey

17 comments:

  1. You definitely need to wear that skirt more because it looks great on you! It fits perfectly. And I love it with the blazer--fun but not weird, which I think is how this whole style thing supposed to work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!
    The blazer and the skirt are both so fun - and you're slowly convincing me to start looking for tangerine clothes :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Your booty sure does make that skirt look good!
    2. That blazer is awwwwwwesome. I think I only want to wear sweater blazers. So comfortable, but chic and semi-structured looking too.
    3. Love the stripes with that lovely tangerine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you've finally presented a way to wear orange that I, with my anti-orange coloring, could pull off! LOVE this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that skirt! The whole outfit is fabulous -- stripes plus dots, yay!

    My life changed when I discovered that I can wear tangerine orange near my face and it actually looks good, and what was I thinking by not wearing orange? I blame my mom, she always told me it wasn't the right color for a girl like me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure, it's a traffic cone skirt, if only because it's warning people "AWESOME BOOTY AHEAD."

    ReplyDelete
  7. What Mia said! You look fantastic, Gracey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That skirt looks great, and I really like that you paired a bright color with the stripes. It gives me some inspiration for a great striped sweater I have been stuck in a rut with!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, Mia's comment is so perfect I don't even think I can compete! :)

    Jenn
    The Suburb Experiment

    ReplyDelete
  10. i see no traffic cone booty here. i see a cutie pie gracey rocking the stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gracey that skirt DOES make your bum look like heaven! hahahaha, but its true! Man I had a red pencil skirt that fit me like a glove from salvation army that i bought for a few bucks and i was SO sad when i sat in something (i still dont know what) that completely ruined the garment! Take good care of that booty enhancing skirt!

    -Nico

    www.SatinAndSalt.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gracey--it looks great! Bum and all! I recently thrifted one in the same color, but I haven't tried it on yet. I was saving it for spring...but now I'm rethinking that. I love how you've styled this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hehe love the tangerine and the tangerine boooty!!

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look great, Gracey! And for a dollar, how could you have gone wrong with that skirt? We're both rockin' the bright skirts lately, I see. How funny would it have been to run into each other?

    ReplyDelete
  15. The further you get from your comfort zone, the more adorable you look! Seriously loved the last two posts...you've got a knack for styling difficult pieces to make them look so easy and wearable. Darling! And your booty does look quite good ;)

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. The jacket is awesome, the skirt is awesome, you are awesome. That is a killer, KILLER outfit.

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).