Friday, January 13, 2012

It’s Hard, Y’All

As I mentioned yesterday, it’s freezing here in Oregon.  This is forcing me to find increasingly creative ways to layer so that I stay warm but don’t look like I’m smuggling a ham and two small children.  And it’s hard, y’all:



I think I did okay with this outfit though; maybe half a ham or so, but no children.  I think it helps that I kept the layers thin.  Today’s thin layers include: an embellished tank (Design History) over a black turtleneck (Gap) and a bright coral cardigan (Nordstrom) over both.  I paired them with grey skinnies (Gap), flat boots (Born Crown via Nordstrom) and a gingham scarf (Steve Madden).

For the record?  I’m still cold.  But, it’s Friday and I have a three-day weekend, so that’s pretty exciting.  Also exciting is the fact that I didn’t fall off my pilates mat last night.  Okay, it’s because we didn’t do mat work; we were on the exercise balls the whole time.  But, I didn’t fall of the ball either – I did, however, drop one on my face, but I still consider that progress.

Happy Friday, All!

Gracey

10 comments:

  1. stumbled onto your blog and just wanted to show you some blog luv!!
    def enjoyed reading this post!! def a very very cute outfit!

    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good, Gracey! The scarf really makes the outfit; love how that black-and-white just pops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the color of that cardigan is AMAZING! Especially played up by the black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is one very nice, not resembling a ham, in any way, outfit. glad your face is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your three days! The color combo here is luscious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually snorted my wine out of my nose when I read about the ham and the kids. Too funny. That's exactly how I felt today, too!

    You, however, show no evidence of smuggled pork products. The embellished tee is lovely, especially with the color blocked cardigan and layered black tee. Simple but stylish--and warm too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the bright color of the cardi and how the scarf ties the rest of your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The embelishment on that tank is lovely...really makes the outfit!

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. No smuggling in sight, I promise. (: I love the vibrant color and the simple motif. Also, HOLY SMOKES it has been chilly. I never seem to wear quite enough layers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you did great with the layering here, and I love the gray and pink/coral color combo!
    www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).