Saturday, January 14, 2012

Year of the Tangerine – Orange for Everybody, Redux

Last year I wrote a post encouraging everybody to wear orange because it’s one of my favorite colors and I want everyone to be able to experience the same joy I do when I wear orange.  I know some of you remained skeptical (yes, Erin, I’m looking at you), but the good news is that this year provides another opportunity to embrace orange.  As the fabulous Sue pointed out in the comments the other day, the Pantone Color of the Year this year is, Tangerine Tango. Thanks, Sue! 

And thank you, Pantone, for selecting a particularly lovely shade of orange.

See?  Lovely, no?

Personally, I’m a huge fan of orange in all it’s shades, including but not limited to, burnt orange, rust, coral, tangerine, pumpkin, melon and traffic cone.   And I really do believe that orange is for everybody.  To (hopefully) prove my point, I’ve enlisted the help of some friends to show you that everybody can wear orange. 

First up, a few of the (many) ways I’ve worn orange in the past year:





And now for my lovely friends.  Starting with a fabulous fellow Oregon blogger, Stacey from Gray Skies:



This is the gorgeous Tiffany at A Reason to be Fabulous:





The elegant and wonderful Terri of Rags against the Machine:





And here is the amazing Shen of Shen Dove Style:




This is the lovely Angie of Fashion Me Blog, whose stripe-y outfit I will be copying soon:



Tracy of The Closet Shopper looking gorgeous in orange two ways:

































The always fabulous Megan of Feathers and Freckles:




This is the delightful Nico, of Satin and Salt, wearing an orange skirt three ways:




Here is the amazing Kassi of The Closet Intervention in an orange (!) pleated (!) skirt:




And, here we have the brilliant Jenn of The Suburb Experiment accessorizing brilliantly with orange:





































And last, but not least, some of my favorite fellow orange-lovers, Tia and Mia, of Reading in Skirts:

As you can see from the bloggers above, orange really can work for every body, every aesthetic and every skin tone.  And remember, you don’t have to “wear” orange to wear orange – you can accessorize with orange or wear a print that incorporates orange.  Of course, if you really want to, you can go all out and really wear orange in the form of dress, blouse or skirt and I’ll totally support you.

What do you think, Dear Readers, will you give orange a shot this year?

Gracey

22 comments:

  1. Ha, how cool to see familiar faces and meet some new ones all around your love of orange. Since the color was announced I've picked up a few additional pieces to experiment with. It's a great color...though I may need to wear it away from my face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracey I love your 2nd orange look with the button up shirt! So stylish! Orange is such a great color, im glad you are encouraging others to wear it.

    -Nico

    www.SatinAndSalt.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for featuring me. I love orange. Such a beautiful color. I am so ready to dance the Tangerine Tango. Love your looks as well as all of the others you've featured. Beautiful inspiration.

    http://theclosetintervention.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have a section of orange already in my closet. in fact i wore burnt orange today. i liked seeing all these different bloggers i'd never heard of before. they all such vast & interesting styles. very cool gracey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! Some seriously-good bloggers. I like orange and agree it's underused.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great collection of "oranges"! Thanks so much for including me :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love orange! i just got a cardi in orange and it seems to go with everything!!! i also got an orange purse. i love of all the orange you've been wearing and thanks for sharing the other bloggers. great inspiration!

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad they picked an orange I can actually wear. I have a long tangerine cardigan that I bought last year that is pretty much exactly this color. It's gotten a surprising amount of wear (and not just on Halloween).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Call me out, will you? My sister is sitting right next to me wearing orange at this minute! I just got a lovely necklace that has beads of all colors, including orange, so I actually will be wearing orange this season!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for including me with such lovely ladies in this post! I really like how you've styled your orange pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post, Gracey! I love seeing seeing this fabulous color in so many different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh man. I think now that you've caught me wearing orange, I think I'll have to try harder to wear more of it. :D I tried to pick some up at the thrift store today, but couldn't do it. Whoops! But hopefully I'll get some more! Thanks for including my one orange outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. its been scientifically proven that orange helps you feel happy in the winter

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am also seeing a lot of orange this year. You bet your butt I'm gonna go get me some tangerine!

    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am also loving orange. I got an orange skirt last fall and I feel amazing when I wear it. I'm with you..Wear orange everyone!

    Rhe
    rhestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a burnt orange cardigan and a couple of scarves that include bright orange. I like to pair it with olive or hunter green and purple. (I'm not sure I would have thought to do that a few years ago. I'm having fun with color.)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cool idea! I love all the orange inspiration you have here!! -Rachel (for the birds)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You know I'm right there with you on the orange. I'm hoping to pick up a few orange items while it's so in fashion, which I will then continue to wear once it's long gone.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Alright you've made me an orange believer! Whenever I hear 'orange' I think construction worker orange but these shades are just lovely! Looks like I'll have to pull out my orange shades!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love orange! I absolutely adore the middle photo of your orange outfits - that skirt paired with that top is a gorgeous combo! Thanks for including me in this :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Squee! Thanks for putting me and Tia up alongside all those other awesome bloggers! I feel like I've been neglecting orange lately--I should find a good way to style that fishy skirt warmly for the winter (especially since my place-of-work university is re-instituting Spirit Fridays and our colors are orange and black). Awesome, thorough roundup--it makes my heart sing orange-ly!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Orange has always been one of my favorite colors, but I almost never wear it. That needs to change! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).