Monday, January 9, 2012

A Little More Robust

I like this outfit, but I think it could have benefited from a bigger bow:



I mean, look at that wee little bow.  It has so much going for it; it’s a lovely plum shade, it has polka dots and it adds some interest to an otherwise rather staid outfit.  But, I don’t think it adds enough interest.  I think if it were just a little more full, a little more robust, a little more hide-your-women-and-children-THE-BOW-is-in-the-house, that it’d be better.  It’s not bad, it could just be better.

Other than the bow being a little on the twee side, I really do like this outfit.  I layered the the plum polka dot blouse (Old Navy) under a silver-gray tunic (Target).  I added black flared jeans (Banana Republic Heritage), black wedge booties (Nine West “Peekaboo” via Piperlime) and a couple of turquoise bracelets (vintage, Ray's Ragtime and gifted) to add a little more interest.

As I was typing this post, I had an idea that might help give my bow a little more oomph.  I'll recreate this outfit in a couple of weeks with that added piece and we'll see how it works!

Happy Monday, Everyone!

Gracey

13 comments:

  1. I like the twee little bow! This is just an awesome professional look, and proof that tiny details can make a big impact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bow -- great outfit -- but I agree that it could be a little more assertive. Maybe it's the lovely white blouse providing a canvas that demands a more aggressive artistic statement by the bow? Nonetheless, I really like this look a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. at first when i glanced at the title i thought it said, "robot," NOT "robust." looking fly gracey. does anyone else still use that expression? well i do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I truely love an all neutral outfit with just those little pops of colour to give it interest. The plum & the turquoise are perfect, but I know what you mean about having an outfit focal point that I'd rather have as the outfit FOCAL POINT!! (with lots of exclaimation points and impact), but alas, we can only work with what our limited wardrobes already have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haah yes! i love this outfit too, Gracey, but you need a bigger bow...have you thought about tying a scarf in a bow? (i posted an outfit of Late Afternoon's in my last post and she did just that!) Besides the tiny bow, this look is suuuper flattering - you look so tall and lean! Can't wait to see how you adjust this look in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! I love the style of this top with the little bow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bow! Can't wait to see how you make it bigger. The bigger, the better I think!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with your opinion of this outfit--it works but the bow could be more of a BOW-bow, you know? (Wow. Dr. Seuss novel in the making.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i have that blouse!! great fashion minds i see ;-) the bow is cute! i like.

    ~nic

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gracey! I love those pants on you! Great fit for sure! where do you find long enough pants? What is your inseam?

    -Nico

    www.SatinAndSalt.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the little bow but I know what you mean. I like my fashion statements kind of assertive, too.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this outfit, the trousers are super flattering, but yes the bigger the bow, the better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the peekaboo pokadots!!

    http://www.lyzhang.com

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).