Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Hot, Rumpled Mess Sundae

I am a hot, rumpled mess today.  Seriously, if I were a sundae, I'd be on the menu as The Hot, Rumpled Mess and I'd feature vanilla ice cream and hot butterscotch topping on top a layer of crushed Almond Roca.  You don't believe?  Feast your eyes:
 


I mean, conceptually, it's good.  I like the my new-to-me butterscotch sweater (thrifted this weekend) with the cream crocheted skirt (thrifted).  And I like the addition of black tights (Spanx), the black, silk bow tie (Brooks Brothers, thrifted) and of course, the booties (80%20 “Tessa” via Piperlime, also worn here).

I just look so... rumpled.  Or, in sundae terms, melted.  My skirt is crooked, and I think all of my layers underneath this look (a long-sleeve tee, DKNY smoothies and a black skirt) make me look a bit lumpy.  Like this sundae also features hidden butterscotch chips.  Delicious?  Maybe.  But not necessarily the look I was going for.  But, hey, it was snowing, the lumpy layers were necessary.

Happy Tuesday, All!  I hope it's free of lumps!*

Gracey

*Unless, of course, lumps are your thing.  Which is cool.  No judgement here.

8 comments:

  1. The pictures are not revealing your lumps at all Miss Gracey. I love that skirt way too much.

    The bow tie is killing me. I want to try and tie one of my scarves like that at some point and see if I can be as classy as you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not lumpy or rumpled at all! I love white skirts and black tights together so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So freakin' cute. Seriously. And not rumpled at all--this is mixed neutrals at its finest, coolest, and most ladylike.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so you have two layers from head to toe? double the goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well i like butterscotch sundaes. i covet your shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are being way too hard on yourself! Your outfit looks cool and sweet at the same time, which, by the way, is not easily accomplished. I also agree with Teddi; the booties are indeed covetable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pish posh. You look adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If this is rumpled, then I'm all for it. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).