Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Riding Into a Head Wind

The title of this post is both how I spent the majority of my morning bike ride, and a euphemism for the week I’m having.  Yes, I know it’s a short week and I had Monday off, but I’ve been feeling entirely unproductive.  And unfortunately, not very inspired sartorially:



Today’s outfit is just a tunic sweater (Nordstrom) layered over a turtleneck (Gap) and leggings.  I added riding boots (Born Crown “Sosie” via Nordstrom) and a multi-colored wool scarf (Nordstrom).  I also added my new umbrella – a necessary purchase as I fell down the stairs with my last umbrella and it didn’t take the fall well.

Yep, that’s right; I’m reverting to leggings, boots, sweaters and scarves.  It’s not my fault it works.  The combination of sweaters and scarves help keep me warm.  And the combination of leggings and boots are perfect for riding a bike in the rain.  Unlike jeans which take forever to dry when they get wet or tights which dry quickly but are worn under skirts which can get blown up and around, leggings dry fairly quickly and there is no chance of flashing schoolchildren.

And with that bit of wisdom, I say: Happy Wednesday, All!

Gracey

8 comments:

  1. I would not have known you were feeling uninspired - this looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually this looks very inspired...love the thistle and rose colours together. Really lovely as usual.

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the polka dots on the umbrella match your sweater. The whole outfit looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leggings are an essential for me. As a child I wore a lot of leggings (as i was too tall for any other type of pant until the gap came out with size "long" sometime in the 90s) and to this day it is difficult to find jeans so I wear leggings. I hope they never go out of style because I'll have to keep wearing them.

    -Nico

    www.SatinandSalt.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. hooray for protecting school children from flashings! your outfit is very cute. i like the texture color combo, & i like that happy umbrella. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Been following you for a while, but first time commenting. This is hands-down one of my favorite outfits on you. Love the variety of textures, colors and patterns -- it's just the right amount of everything that really pulls the outfit together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, I love Cambria's comment: "thistle and rose" sums this outfit up quite romantically! Seriously, though, I wouldn't call it uninspired. It's pretty and practical, and there ain't nothin' wrong with that.

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).