Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Baby Got (Button) Back

I love tops and dresses that button up the back.  Like this blouse today:


I don't know why this pose is so awkward, but it makes me giggle.

I even left the top button halfway unbuttoned to prove they were real buttons and not trompe l’oeil buttons.  Well, I'm pretending that's what happened. I actually had no idea it was half undone until we took the pictures, just like I didn’t realize the seam on my skirt was crooked.  Seriously, it’s a wonder I can even dress myself at all.

But, dress myself I did.  And this is what I wore:



My oft-worn skirt is thrifted vintage and so is the blouse.  I added blue and white earrings (gifted), a blue and white bracelet (local craftsman) and burgundy shoes.  The shoes are Naya “Jada” (via Nordstrom) and are ridiculously comfortable.  I bought them during the Nordstrom anniversary sale this summer and have been waiting to wear them.  I worried a bit that they were too old-fashioned, but I really like them, even with this vintage-heavy outfit.  I also worried about breaking them in, but although they rubbed a little on the back of my left heel (which I remedied with the miracle that is Dr. Scholl’s Moleskin) they are otherwise perfect.

Also, the top looks like polka dots, but it's a micro-floral:


One more also; I wanted to let you all know that I got the job I interviewed for last week.  I start in two weeks and even though I’m devastated to be leaving my friends in my current unit, I’m very excited about the new opportunity.

Happy Tuesday, Everyone!

Gracey

26 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the job!

    I love those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new job! I like everything about this outfit, and those shoes are great. I am also pleased to see the back of your head, but I'm kind of hairdo-nosy like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news about the job. Felicitations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Gracey, that's amazing!! You look so happy in these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like big buttons, and I cannot lie. Am I really the first one to jump on that? :) Cute blouse!

    Congrats on the new job! I had a nice group of friends at my job a few years back, and it's definitely hard to lose that. I hope your current work friends remain outside-of-work friends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! And what wonderful buttons and shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the job!!! YAY!!! And you look so cute! I love your smile. AND your outfit is so adorable. I totally love the buttons and those shoes are KILLER! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! You look lovely. I like buttons up the back too ; )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your new job! I love the cute little floral print.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE THE LOOK!

    www.fatandfierce.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. CUTE top and even better shoes!! I love those shoes!!! awesome. xoxo J

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm astounded by how put together and down right adorable you always look. :-) BTW, I LOOOVE those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on the new job!!! Yay!

    You look adorable today. I love the back buttons, and I LOVE the shoes! Excellent outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. congratulations on the job! New opportunities are the best and hope you will be as happy there! Loving the skirt, it is such a great fit and looks lovely on you. And the shoes, they look similar to the ones I wore yesterday! Of course the burgundy color is perfect for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fabulous about your new job!!! What an exciting time! I'm salivating over those shoes....they're going to wear on into the fall...I'm seeing them with some great dark tights! Big hug to you girly! ~Serene

    ReplyDelete
  16. so cute, i love the little peek of buttons in the back!

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on the job! And those shoes are adorably retro.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Me, too (on back-buttons). These are nice pieces.

    And congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats. I love those shoes and think they are definitely not too retro. When you find comfortable fabulous heels you need to wear the heck out of them!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the button details - I think those are the little things that make a piece special.
    Congrats on the job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your top is dreamy! <3 I am ridiculously obsessed with button backs!

    x
    Lost in the Haze

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats! Here's to a new adventure! I love the vintage feel of those shoes, they're perfect with the rest of the outfit.
    xo, f

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on your new job! That's so exciting. Of course, you'll miss your friends, but you'll be learning so much and perhaps make some new friends too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Aw, congratulations! Way to go Graceeeeey. :D It may be a vintage-heavy outfit, but that's not a bad thing! I love the whole retro look, especially with those shoes. (Someday I'm going to have to ask you for tips about riding to work in heels!)

    ReplyDelete
  25. That's a great outfit very vintage like especially the shoes

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).