Thursday, September 15, 2011

I Just Wanted to Wear This Bracelet

This bracelet here:


Isn’t it cool?  It’s from the 70s and I love that it’s embedded with both snake and leopard “confetti.”  I went to Antiques in the Streets in Albany last weekend with FB and the FC and found this bracelet for a mere $5.00.  It was love at first site and as soon as it proved able to get over my giant hands, I knew I had to have it!

Of course, I wore clothes too:



The weather has been decidedly fall-like lately which of course means boots here at Fashion for Giants.  For today I paired my beloved Born Crown boots (“Sosie” via Nordstrom) with some skinny jeans (Bandolino via Macy’s) and a silk tunic (Banana Republic).  The colors in the tunic, like the boots, are just perfect for fall.  And although summer is my favorite season, I’m definitely ready for fall and my fall wardrobe (i.e. boots).

Our offices are closed tomorrow, so I don’t think I’ll be posting anything.  However, we’re supposed to be going to listen to a band tomorrow night though so if I wear anything interesting, I’ll be sure to take pictures and get them up at some point.

Otherwise, I hope that everyone has a wonderful weekend and I will talk to you all on Monday!

Happy Friday, Everyone!

Gracey

14 comments:

  1. gimme gimme your fall weather! love the bracelet!

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving that bracelet and your tunic is amazing! i love the print on it. i'm jealous you can wear skinny jeans and boots right now! it's been too hot here.

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when you find something gorgeous like that bracelet to covet. (: You'll have to let us know how the band is, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh. I love that bracelet. Great thing to build an outfit around! They (the shirt and bracelet) go together perfectly! I love those boots too. Glad to see them again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bracelet is a winner! Definitely pretty and super cool that it is from the 70s. Old jewelry is so much fun, I always try to guess the story behind it!
    Loving those boots with that outfits, super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, LOVE those boots. Oh, and the rest of the outfit is super cute, too :) But those boots! Can't wait to see more of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That bracelet is beautiful and I need those boots in my life like TODAY!! Cute! Kiah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely blouse! I saw prints everywhere on the runway at NYFW so definitely keep it for spring!

    I'm attending New York Fashion Week and would love for you to check out my coverage (lots of insider exclusives and fashion moments)

    goodbadnfab.blogspot.com
    style and musings of a fashion lawyer playing, living, shopping and working in LA

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry, I can't see the bracelet because all I have eyes for are THOSE BOOTS. I am in such a boots mood lately, and love seeing what people have! Even though my sturdy calves prevent me from picking up 90% of what other people are wearing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. GRACEY!!! you look amazing!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the skinny's and boots on you.. this look is so great on you!! wow!! you have outdone yourself with your outfit!! did I mention I lOve it :)
    xoxj

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that tunic and the bracelet was such a great find! great post!

    visit and follow me back @
    http://www.thedumpyduchess.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I swear to bob, Gracey - you are somebody who really understands the FIT behind clothing. These clothes look amazing on you. It's really exciting for me to have kind of known you when your blog was just starting out and to see how well you've stuck to your mission of showing how "giants" can find and wear affordable fashion like the best of 'em. Single tear. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really, really love that blouse. You look fantastic!
    -Meagan
    http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).