Thursday, September 22, 2011

Another Day, Another Day Dress

Having come late, summer seems to be lingering here in the Pacific Northwest.  We had a little rain but for the past week it’s been in the low to mid-80s.  Not that I’m complaining; the warm, but not hot, weather is perfect for my collection of day dresses.  Like this one:



Day dresses are the best.  They’re easy (possibly lazy, but whatever), they fit my broad shoulders, they don’t aggravate my thighs, they often have pockets (pockets!) and they’re easy to ride my bike in.  I love them.  Today I paired a day dress (Karin Stevens, thrifted) with platform sandals (MRKT via DSW), a thin belt (Gap), a watch, a bracelet and pink drop earrings.

Why pink earrings?  Because I wanted to.  Or, if you prefer, because they match my pink toenails and therefore because they help to bookend my outfit.  But, really, it was just because I wanted to.

Today’s Takeaway?  You can make up any reason you’d like for wearing what you do, but the best reason is because you want to.

Happy Thursday, Everyone!

Gracey

P.S. I know some of you asked about the collar on yesterday’s dress.  The dress buttons up the left-side of the chest at an angle.  I don’t button it all the way up and I fold the extra fabric down which creates the sort of v-neck-on-an-angle you saw.

 

10 comments:

  1. I always like pink and blue, whatever the reason.

    I'm soaking up the last of summer too. Because I know that as much as I want the mosquitoes to go away, I really don't want ice to take their place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you look great in dresses! And this one does look like a perfect summer dress...and yea for girls with broad shoulders! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gracey - your clothes always fits you so beautifully! I adore this pretty dress. So prim and proper! I am so ready for the cooler weather! Dallas has lingering heat as well. Kiah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok...what's a "day dress"? As opposed to some other kind of dress? I've never heard this term before! :) I do love these dresses - you look lovely and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey honeypie! You've been wearing some cute frocks lately! and I love that blouse that buttoned up the back on one of your previous posts! buttons up the back just scream "ladylike"!

    http://www.thedumpyduchess.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this daydress, and i love it with the skinny belt! perfect gracey!

    <3 steffy
    http://steffysprosandcons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dress is so cute! It's sweet and simple-the perfect day dress!
    -Meagan
    www.spunkychateau.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are giving me some serious hankering for a new day dress, lady! I want something that suits me in shape and color as much as this suits you. And since I'm not willing to shell out $80 to Modcloth, I guess I'll have to go a-thriftin'.

    ReplyDelete
  9. totally agree. wear it because you want to! it's the best reason. and you look lovely. that thrifted dress is fantastic and love it with those shoes and the pink earrings. i love how you belt your dresses. it always looks just right!

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. From one tall girl to another, you have a really great style! I love your collection of skirts and dresses and that you link to other tall girls blogs : )
    Kelly in WA

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).