Friday, September 2, 2011

Floral, Coral and A Spot of Leopard

See what I did there?  A spot of leopard?  You’re welcome.  Also, more leopard shoes again today for which you are also welcome:



Today I paired leopard peep-toe mini-wedges with dark denim (Gap Real Straight), a ditsy floral top (Old Navy) and a coral cardigan (Beatrix Ost via Nordstrom).  I swear this cardigan is just regular coral, not neon coral, but you can’t tell it from these pictures – I think I need to adjust something on my camera but you know I don’t know what it is.  I’ll try to take a look this weekend though.

I wore my leopard peep-toes today because for me, leopard is a neutral, it’s just a more interesting neutral than brown.  Brown is the neutral I usually sub leopard in for – if I’m considering wearing brown shoes, I’ll wear leopard instead.  Not blue leopard of course; it’s awesome, but it’s probably not a neutral in anyone’s book.  For my money, leopard just adds more interest to an outfit than brown does and like brown (and orange and turquoise), it goes with everything!

What about you all?  Are you on board with leopard as a neutral? 

Happy Friday, Everyone!  I hope you all have a three day weekend this weekend and that’s it’s a lovely one.  It’s supposed to get back up into the 90s here in Oregon, so I’m pretty excited!

Gracey

17 comments:

  1. I adore leopard, but it's not (quite) a neutral for me, at least not yet. Stripes however are. And I think I'm moving that way for animal prints, especially in pairings like this which work so well! And you look awesome in coral, neon or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love teh coral sweater and I'd wear the shoes with that. I have a pair very similar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that top and it works perfectly with the coral sweater and medium-blue jeans. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my opinion, blog posts are 10 times better if there's a pun in the title. Good job. :)

    Have a great holiday! I'm totally sleeping in and watching cartoons all weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so adorable, and your bright smiles,so cute!Your casual outfit makes it feel so tender so comfortable,and make the day seem so delightful。 Check out my blog if you have the time :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I do agree that leopard (and most animal prints in their natural hues) can be treated as neutrals and carried off quite well.

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you on the leopard. And let's have fun this holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm still working on making it a neutral in my life. I haven't spotted nearly as much leopard (yeah, you're welcome) around here as I see online, so I still think it has a kind of wild vibe to it, as least in my mind, and although I own several animal print pieces myself, I always feel a little...unbridled wearing it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, I love that coral color. I haven't really got on board with the leopard. I bought one leopard thing last year, a Boden jacket which I think might be a little too boxy for me, and I haven't ventured to pick up anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it would take me a while to figure out leopard and animal print in general, whether as a neutral or not, because I don't own a single animal-print garment. (Unless you count a bright pink faux-snakeskin belt I thrifted.) You rock it, though--I love your little touches, and it works well in your wardrobe as a neutral, like you said.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your leopard shoes are awesome, they add a little extra to this look! I adore everything and the colour of your cardigan is fantastic :)
    http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I definitely gave you a chuckle and a knee slap over the spot of leopard remark. ;) NO I am absolutely not tired of it, probably b/c I am the only woman on the planet who owns nothing leopard print at all. ONE DAY.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm in love with cardigans and wraps that have funny tails or unexpected cuts - just like yours. :) What a great colour too, neon or not!

    ReplyDelete
  14. yes, leopard for sure is a neutral and could/should be worn with just about anything (except maybe something slutty - though no judgment on those who like that look). i really like that coral sweater and want to steal it from you. it's very VERY cute and the color is great on you!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would LOVE a pair of leopard shoes...preferably heels. You look as divine as evah dahling! Hugs! ~Serene

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).