Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Feathery Goodness

I don’t wear this dress often enough:



Although it (well, I) didn’t photograph at all well today, it really is quite flattering.  Last time I wore it with the obvious black accents.  This time I wanted to switch it up and paired the dress (vintage, thrifted) with a snake print skinny belt (Target?), taupe wedges (Bamboo via TJ Maxx), my new favorite bangle and chunky red necklace (gifted – thanks, Ma!).

I think I like this iteration better than the last time I wore it.  Although, last time did include an owl belt, and that’s saying something, today’s outfit just seems more interesting to me somehow.  I can’t quite put my finger on what it is, but think it might be the mismatched but still complimentary accessories.  They make what is a fairly prim and proper dress into something different.  Either that or I’m not getting enough sleep.  One of the two.

Today’s Takeaway?  Get plenty of sleep – otherwise it can be difficult to judge the effectiveness of your accessories.

Happy Wednesday, Everyone!

Gracey

19 comments:

  1. I really like the print on that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the dress and immediately went "Ohhhhh, that's so pretty!" before I read your text. So much for it not photographing well, Gracey. :)

    What is the detailing around the neckline like? The print makes it hard to tell if it's sort of folded back or a V-neck or a surplice-type thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dress is an absolute knockout! I mean, seriously. That dress is absolutely divine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree! That dress is just gorgeous on you. All the extra touches are perfect too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it. I've really been drawn to neutral black and tan or black and cream patterns lately and this one is splendid!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Effective! I Love this...you look fabulous in this printed dress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think it looks flattering and i love the pattern!

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a dress! do you know the era it is from? I'd wear that every day for like a month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the pop of color that the necklace adds to this. The rest of your accessories are totally complimentary to the dress, so the necklace really stands out. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like this dress too-- I'm really curious about the neck too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sleep or no sleep, if you hand't pointed it out I wouldn't have taken notice. I think you look just lovely:)
    xo, f

    ReplyDelete
  12. No you do not! So beautiful...*sigh*

    So, you know that chic little black dress you have from K Mart? I sort of fell in love with it on your blog and ordered it, and it was so amazing, I ordered another for backup! It just might be the most perfect lbd of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really a gorgeous print. I am loving the neckline!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE that print, and the cute neckline detail!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun dress! I think you should wear it more, lady. (:

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous dress! I love the style and print..so pretty!

    Natasha ~ Required2BeInspired

    ReplyDelete
  17. Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold the phone, Gracey, this looks great. The way it matches with the shoes, the red of the necklace--everything. Out. Of. The. Park.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for linking up this week!
    -Meagan
    www.spunkychateau.com

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).