Monday, September 26, 2011

Brown and Blue and an Untied Shoe

Sometimes I like to rhyme for no reason.  And sometimes I don’t figure out that my shoe is untied until after I take my pictures.  Both of those things happened here today:



The picture taking process was a rather distracted mess today so neither Ferge nor I noticed that my shoe was untied.  I do love these shoes, but satiny ribbon maybe isn’t the best for staying tied.  I’m still going to wear the heck out of them though, so perhaps a double knot is in order.  Untied or (k)not, I liked these shoes with this outfit.  I think the burgundy of the shoes (Naya “Jada” via Nordstrom) works well with my flared trouser jeans (Gap) and olive-brown sweater (ana via JC Penney) which I layered over a sheer blue and white blouse (Gap). 

In other news, the rain has returned to Oregon so I’m having to put in work to get dressed in the morning.  I ride my bike year round, including when it rains, and choosing an outfit gets exponentially more difficult the colder and wetter it gets.  Even when it’s cold out, I get fairly warm riding my bike, so I have to try to dress warmly, but not so warmly that I’m a hot, sweaty mess by the time I reach the office.  And although I try to dodge rain showers as much as possible, if I know I’m going to be stuck riding in the rain I try to wear clothes that dry quickly.  I’m telling you folks, I’m already missing the easy days of summer when I could just throw on whatever and ride in.

What about you all?  What time of year is most difficult for you, wardrobe-wise?

Happy Monday, Everyone!

Gracey

14 comments:

  1. I absolutely love that sweater!
    -Meagan
    www.spunkychateau.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's true, satin ribbon never stays tied.
    Good luck coming up with outfits that work for biking in the rain... I'm thinking rainboots and trench coats?

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  3. nothing better than a basic sweater. that's why i love fall :) very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sweater! super cute! :)

    waituntilthesunset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this look, and brava to you for riding your bike, no matter the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a hard time looking chic in the winter. It's the big puffy coat and the sensible boots, not to mention the fact that here the drab gray days just linger on and on. gosh, I'm already done with winter and it's not even here yet.

    You look so fresh and pretty, it's hard to imagine that you ride to work looking so nice. Yippee for being healthy and green :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool, I love these colors together. For me the hardest time wardrobe-wise in the dead of summer because it's sooo hot here you really can't layer at all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect fall. And I love the shoes, especially the satin ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. As a new bike-commuter, I'm a little frightened of riding in the rain! It sounds silly, but people get craaaazy around here when it rains, and visibility is lessened, and everything's slippery...I'm going to have to take it easy the first few times, I think, just to be sure I don't have any problems. I'll probably also end up swaddling myself in my big ol' raincoat because we're wimps about rain here in CA. (My mom's already becoming a hearty Pacific Northwestian, I can tell.)

    In non-bike related comments, this is cute! You pick garments that drape on you so well. And the flash of red at the bottom is perfecto.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have exactly the same problem! Even in the dead of winter, I've worked up a sweat by the time I get to work. The rain hit with a fury this week, so I'm back to rain gear. So far, what's working for me is work bottoms under rain pants, a tank top under my (sadly not breathable) rain jacket, and my work tops and shoes in a bag so that I can change when I arrive. Now I just have to get organized enough to pack the bag the night before...:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think winter is my biggest challenge. My campus is on a hill and the wind can be brutal even just walking from one building to another. Do you keep a spare outfit at work?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, the rain. Yep, it's back! It's always rough the first couple of weeks, then we get used to again:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think it's spring for me. The weather here is just so changeable, and as much as I love spring, it's often so darn cold that I'm wearing my winter clothes until, like, May. I love those trouser jeans a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).