Thursday, September 8, 2011

Just a Tad Longer

I adore this dress, I do.  But, I do also wish it were just a tad longer:



Although it hides the worst of my stings and scratches, you can still see that my ankles are scratched and bordering on furry.  I paired the dress (Eight Sixty via Nordstrom) with pewter sandals (Lovely People via Ideeli), a thin brown belt (Gap), wooden earrings (Last Thursday vendor) and a watch, a bangle and a bracelet. 

It was my hope that people would be too distracted by the different patterns on the dress and it’s overall awesomeness to notice that I appear to be wearing fur anklets.  Fur anklets aside, this is probably the easiest way I’ve found to wear mixed patterns – having them mixed for you in a garment takes all of the guesswork out of it.

Today’s Takeaway?  If you have patternmixophobia, try a piece that has the different patterns already mixed for you; it’s an easy way to get started.

Happy Thursday, Everyone!  I am actually out of the office tomorrow, so I’ll say Happy
Weekend now as well!

Gracey

15 comments:

  1. Oh Gracey! This is BEAUTIFUL! You look GORGEOUS! 'NUFF said! Hugs! ~Serene

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dress and wish maxis fit more like that on me! The length is perfect because you won't trip over your hem like I always do :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't see any fur! But you look so pretty in that mixed pattern maxi. I like that method of mixing prints too - error-free! You did a fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the length is great, actually--it's a tricky one for a lot of us, but you're so tall with such great legs and arms that it totally works for you.

    Stock up on the Benadryl. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dress is so pretty! but I know what you mean by wanting it a wee bit longer. I have tons of dresses like that, wish they were just a smidge longer!!! but yo look great, so who cares :P

    xo
    Aline

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that dress Gracey! You look like you are losing weight....Kiah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patternmixophobia? Sounds dangerous! I hope it's not contagious. :)

    You know, faux fur is in this season, so your ankles are just being trendy.

    Happy early weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must have missed a post. What is causing the fur on the ankles?

    ReplyDelete
  9. XD I'm cracking up at the concept of fur ankles, haha. I'm so lazy sometimes. Winter, you and I were made for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hehe i know what u mean its like in between a midi and a maxi... but i loveeeee it!

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pattern is beautiful! I love the shoes too.

    I hope you have a wonderful weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty look... great post... check out and give me your impressions http://leblogdelmmode.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. That length totally works. I think we should all start wearing our Maxi skirts like that, it would keep me from tripping and falling flat on my kisser.

    You look so happy in the first picture, it made me smile right back at you. Too bad you couldn't see :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice post and nice blog! come and see my new miriamstella post of Dole & gabbana shirt and chanel 2.55 bag.
    And if you like it, please Follow me!
    xoxox
    Miriamstella (from Italy)
    http://isfashionmypassion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, you could always just make it shorter, since it will never get any longer ;)

    I'm never quite sure what the correct maxi skirt length should be, but since I see them all different, i guess it just what you like.

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).