Friday, September 30, 2011

NSFR – Not Safe for Rain

The weather here in Oregon over the past week and a half has been lovely.  It’s been dry and sunny, and not too hot.  This being Oregon, I know this gorgeous weather is not going to last, so I’ve been trying to take advantage of the sunshine by wearing all of my shoes that are NSFR – Not Safe for Rain.  I’ve worn sandals and velvet flats and today, suede booties.

Last time I wore these shoes, I didn’t show enough leg.  This time I’m not showing any leg (it’s warm for fall, but not that warm) and I think it worked better:




Today I paired my blue suede booties (DV by Dolce Vita “Wyatt” via Nordstrom) with black leggings (Target) and a black dress (Nordstrom) layered over a blue and white striped blouse (Gap).  I added a black and white infinity scarf (Steven Madden via Macy’s) and silver, blue and white bracelets.  Even if they’re covered legs, the additional leg showing between my boots and my hem keep me from looking to stumpy.  The kangaroo pocket on the dress probably has the opposite effect, but I still love it. 

The rains are supposed to start up again tomorrow, but that’s okay.  I think I’m ready.  Of course, if you ask me next Friday after a week straight of riding in the rain, I might have a different story.  But, at least all my plans this weekend are indoor plans; I’ll be finishing up a skirt, skinny-fying some pants (using this tutorial) and playing poker with FB and some friends.  It should be fun and, hopefully, I’ll have a new skirt and an updated pair of pants to show off next week.

Happy Friday, Everyone, have a fabulous weekend!

Gracey

17 comments:

  1. Gracey! I love this! You are stunning in it. wow. It really gives you an attitude. Love the shoes. the poses, the scarfy wow. One of my favorite outfits on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this outfit! I may actually use you for inspiration for an upcoming OOTD! =)

    I tried to make a skirt a few weekends ago, and ended up on the verge of throwing my sewing machine out the window. I'm going to try something a bit simpler this weekend -- a clutch for an upcoming wedding. =) I look forward to seeing your new skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been looking longingly at the boots I WANT to wear (suede) but it is too warm for. I'm gonna have to wait for one of those risky dry-but-frigid days. Anyway, you look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS! Elvis himself couldn't have done it better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun outfit. Love the shoes. I need to learn how to style with a scarf like you did here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. those shoes are amazing, i want them. theyre the perfect blue! people need more colorful shoes in their lives :)

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  7. So great - I am stealing your phrase "NSFR" since it rains every afternoon her (Florida) and suede shoes are for dryer times : > Love your look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look absolutely amazing! The shoes are fab, and so is the jumper--I love how the sleeves of the blouse and the scarf give the outfit just a bit of softness. One of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this outfit! Those shoes are KILLER! And the sleekness of the rest of the outfit - perfection! You look great. Have a fantastic weekend. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The blue suede shoes MAKE this outfit. I love them and even Elvis would be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my goodness, Gracey, i love those blue suede booties so much! i wanted to buy some steve madden ones from nordstroms!!! i love the way you pulled in the color with them!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like what you post here. If you have some time i´d like you check out my blog and follow me if you really want to.

    http://paquetevistasbien.blogpot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love reading other bloggers that live in the PNW. It's raining up here again but those few days of sun we had I pulled out all the silk and suede to wear. Heh. Now I have a new acronym for those items. :)

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is an awesome outfit and totally suits you!! I love those booties.. especially the color!!! 10 out of 10 today for sure :)
    xoxo J

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love those suede boots. I so want a pair of low heeled high top like lace up boots in black but I am afraid I won't wear them often enough. Maybe if a cheap pair comes out, I can play bada** on the weekends.

    PS Supposedly scotchguard is great for protecting suede but I don't know if I have ever tried it.

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).