Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Short Sleeve Sweater Season

As I’ve mentioned before, short sleeve sweaters have always seemed sort of ridiculous to me, but I’m also inexplicably drawn to them.  One of the reasons they strike me as ridiculous is because if it’s cold enough to warrant a sweater, isn’t it also cold enough to warrant sleeves?  As it turns out, the answer is “not always.”  There are days in late spring and early fall where short sleeved sweaters are just right.  And today was just such a day:



It didn’t rain and it wasn’t cold, but it wasn’t warm either.  Essentially, it was the perfect weather for a midi-skirt (thrifted, vintage) sans tights and a sweater (thrifted) sans sleeves.  I added light gold flats (Kenneth Cole Reaction, v. old) to help extend my leg line, a metallic cuff (thrifted) because that’s what I do and some earrings (gifted) because I remembered today.  The skirt was just long enough, and the sweater was just sweater-y enough to keep me from getting too cold on my ride in, but both pieces were also light enough to keep me from getting over-heated.

Today’s Takeaway?  Short sleeve sweaters aren’t wholly ridiculous, just sort of.

Happy Tuesday, All!

Gracey

9 comments:

  1. While I don't own many short-sleeved sweaters, this nubby one is perfect with this skirt. It has a bit of a vintage vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Short-sleeve sweaters! They do seem so silly. I ended up with a cashmere one at Goodwill recently, because, c'mon, CASHMERE, and now I'm sort of wondering what to do with it. Maybe later in the week when it's below the 90s here I'll try and style it like yours here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I never know what to do with them, so thanks for reminding me how cute they are. Yours is gorgeous with that midi skirt (which is a fabulous color, btw).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, this cracks me up. It was a weird day, though, huh? The detail at the top of your sweater rocks and that skirt is a fantastic color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to get the same kind of idea in my head over a sleeveless turtleneck sweater I owned. My best friend would always tease me that if it was cool enough for a turtleneck than I would definitely be wearing some kind of sleeves. I loved that sweater though until I found out it was kind of sheer and then I wasn't so crazy about having to wear a turtleneck in the heat with a layer underneath. Love that color skirt and those shoes are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's a lovely outfit! short sleeve sweaters aren't that silly when worn in the right weather :)

    cute blog u have here...I'm your new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I kind of feel the same about short sleeve sweaters.....even with the short sleeves, I still get hot. I'm all hormonal lately!! You look so femininely lovely! Hugs! ~Serene

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like short-sleeve sweaters for layering under jackets, so I don't have to deal with the bunching issue, but other than that, yeah, they do seem kind of weird. I really like the detailing around the neck in this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I completely agree about short sleeved sweaters. They're both ridiculous and adorable! But this one looks great and is definitely perfect for this time of year!
    -Meagan
    www.spunkychateau.com

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).