Tuesday, September 13, 2011

EBEW: Pants of Color

Today is the EBEW Pants of Color challenge and I am very excited!  I have wanted red pants forever.  I mean, FOR-E-VER.  I have tried several pairs, including the red Gap cords from last winter, and could never get my thighs and my waist to agree on whether or not they fit.  But, today, finally, I am proud owner and wearer of some very red pants:



For today’s outfit, I thought to myself: “Self, you finally (finally!) have some red pants, what are you going to wear them with?” After a brief moment I figured what else does one wear with very red pants but a very pink shirt?  So I paired my oh-so-red skinnies (Old Navy “Rock Star”) with a hot pink silk tunic (Banana Republic) and added camel Mary Jane wedges (Corso Como via Piperlime), a metallic cuff and a crystal-and-brass pendant (via Special).  Is it eye-searingly bright?  Sure, if you have sensitive eyes.  But, mostly, it just makes me happy.

Today’s Takeaway?  Wear what makes you happy; even if people have to wear sunglasses to look at you.

And, don’t forget to stop by Everybody, Everywear and see what everybody everywhere else is wearing.

Happy Tuesday, All!

P.S. Special thanks to Phyllisa for totally being on board the pink and red combination and to Ferge for taking this picture:

I don't even know

P.P.S. If you’re thinking about these red skinnies, and you should, they actually run true to size.  My other pairs of Rock Stars are a 12, but these are a 14 which is my actual size, so I would NOT suggest sizing down for these.

24 comments:

  1. LOL really enjoying your energy with the EBEW challenge! After seeing yours I'm realizing I should have worn a bright pink blouse with my red pants! We could have changed shirts :P thanks for stopping by my blog <3 really appreciate it!

    Tasia
    http://rufflesandsequins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are TOO cute! I LOVE the red and pink! AND you don't look like a giant OR plus sized. JUST saying! You look like a gorgeous woman! AND those pants look just so amazing on you! Thanks for all of your sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay.. LOVE!!! i love the colors!! and the pants look incredible on you!

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pink looks so bold and it paid off! Lookin good, Gracey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the combination of red and pink together and how happy you are in these pictures! :D

    star-crossed smile

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! You're a trendy fashion-plate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this! This is exactly the style of outfit I was going to wear for EBEW this month in our matching red jeans, ha! I opted for something else, but I've worn a hot pink top with the red jeans and loved it. I like the flowy top with the skinnies too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gracey--I love the last photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The colors are wonderful and I LOVE LOVE LOVE those pants!!

    YES HUNNY!!!!

    http://mythriftedcloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love this. red and pink looks so awesome together and you pulled it off perfectly. seriously these skinnies are so fabulous on you! love that you paired it with camel shoes too!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want! I need! Do they come in a deeper red?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this color combo! Way to be bold and rock the red and pink together. You look awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pink and red are one of my favourite colour combinations! It really suits you well. I had to give up on red pants, and settle for heavyweight red leggings, so I am envious of your most excellent red pants. And I feel your pain on the waist/thigh fitting conundrum.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your 'wear what makes you happy' attitude! I'm working on just that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay. You've convinced me to colorblock the next time I wear my pants. Because you look adorable and HAPPY!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look AMAZING! I am FULL of jealousy and also full of the urge to go to an Old Navy, even though their pants do NOT fit my body. These are exactly the red jeans I want.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's pretty daring !COLored pants I find difficult to pull but you seem to have so much fun and I love it on you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My eyes do not hurt at all, they think you look happy and fun. The world needs more happy/fun!

    I'm off to check those knickers out.

    ReplyDelete
  19. you look absolutely amazing...this is my fave from EBEW so far! i might need to run to old navy and get me some of these jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the bold color pairing!!! I tried a pink and red combo recently but I think I kind of wimped out mixing it with black. You look great! I laughed at the caption on your last picture. It's exactly what goes through my head 90% of the time when I'm editing my photos. Hee.

    Jenn
    The Suburb Experiment

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your blog is amazing and provides me with great style and fashion inspiration!

    I'm attending New York Fashion Week and would love for you to check out my coverage (lots of insider exclusives and fashion moments)

    goodbadnfab.blogspot.com
    style and musings of a fashion lawyer playing, living, shopping and working in LA

    ReplyDelete
  22. One of the things I love about your blog, Gracey, is that you dress with such joy. This is a prime example. Thank you for bringing fun and joy into my day! It is sometimes very sorely needed.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I absolutely love how this looks together !!
    I have a red pair of jeans and am wondering if a have a top in that shade...

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).