Friday, June 24, 2011

Shades of Grey

Today’s outfit is pretty much the antithesis of yesterday’s outfit:



It’s formfitting where yesterday’s outfit was loose and monochromatic where yesterday’s was full of color.  Interestingly enough, I really like this one as well.  Once again, I’ve gone outside my comfort zone with the more body-conscious clothes and with the lack of color; but it still somehow appeals to me.  Which is making me start to suspect that I have no personal aesthetic and that I’ll just wear whatever.  It’s probably not the best thing for a personal style blogger to not have a grasp on their personal style, but hey, what are you gonna do?

And really, it’s not like this outfit is a complete departure, any more than yesterday’s was.  Yesterday was unexpected pattern mixing, but I’ve always enjoyed pattern mixing, just more safely.  And with this, sure it’s a lot of grey with the grey tee (Old Navy), the grey skirt (Gap) and the pewter sandals (Lovely People via Ideeli).  But I’m still me so I added some color with the turquoise beaded necklace (rummaged) and my orange earrings.  And yes, it’s sort of body-con, but it’s still an A-line skirt which is my go-to silhouette.  So, you see, it might not seem my style initially, but this outfit is totally me.

Bye, All!  I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

Gracey

P.S. For everyone who wondered how I tied my blouse yesterday:

1. I gathered the blouse in front and then tied it in a knot, making sure it was pulled pretty snug on my body.
2. Then I just tucked the knot back up into the shirt which worked because the shirt was so snug at my waist.

15 comments:

  1. I love this outfit! Grey is my one of my favourite colours (non colours?) and I love how soft and sleek this looks. And the necklace is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the knot trick--I want to try it. The outfit really sets off the necklace in this look. I like it, a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as it looks good on you, who cares about the rest of it? :) There are definitely certain styles of clothing that I feel are more "me" but I'm now trying to have fun venturing into other styles and items because, heck, it's fun to explore and play.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the simplicity of it, and your necklace brings it all together!

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I love this look on you, it is very sophisticated, and I think it is also very "you". I often feel like my style is all over the place, too, but then figure out later that things actually tend to fall into place when we don't even realize it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the monochromatic look! the heather gray looks amazing on you! and the necklace is the perfect pop of color!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grey and fitted looks great on you, especially with that turquoise necklace. The cool, simple background of the grey shows it off beautifully. Also: fabulous shoes. I envy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo, Gracey, I love this! I love this pewter color. You look so sleek and put together, without being fussy about it. Very classy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gracey, literally I gasped when I saw your picture! You just look so elegant, demure, and ladylike! This may go down as my all time Gracey favorite! Hugs to you! ~Serene

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooo very classy, this look is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very chic. I like the sandals.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The outfit looks great ,you look great so mission is accompliced. Don't worry that your style is all over the place.It has to be before it becomes the one style that spells Gracey.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for telling us your knot trick! Love that beautiful blue necklace! xo style, she wrote

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).