Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Silk Orphans and That Skirt. Again.

Daily Outfit for Wednesday, June 8th, 2011

Yes, it's the poppy pleated skirt.  Again.


 

I know I wear this skirt a lot, but look how versatile it is.  It helped me save two more of my closet orphans today.  The orphans in question are the cream silk blouse (Banana Republic) and the cream and black striped s/s silk jacket (thrifted).  I paired them with my vintage pleated skirt (thrifted), a black belt (Nine West via Ross) and platform sandals (Target).

I have never worn the jacket because I think it's cooler than I am (pretty sure it mocks me from the closet) and I've only worn the blouse once because it's better in theory than in practice.  The chevrons are a nice design detail but it lays funny and sits weird on the hips.  Trust me.  Back to the skirt though - I think it's one of my favorites.  I love the length, the pleats, the color and it's orphan-saving skills.  I mean, two at a time?  Impressive, no?  It turns out that poppy looks fabulous with black and white striped silk.  And that this skirt and only this skirt (with it's sidekick, The Belt) is able to tame the wonkiness of the chevron blouse.  You are welcome, Dear Orphans.

And you are welcome, Dear Readers, for yet another visit from The Orphan Saving Poppy Skirt.

Happy Wednesday, All!

Gracey

16 comments:

  1. You look great! I would wear this skirt all the time too if it was mine. I don't think the jacket is too cool for you though :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Ana, I would wear this skirt constantly if I owned it! It is really a great skirt and I love it with this top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The skirt is so great. And the whole outfit is simply amazing. You look so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yes, wear it all the time, its a great skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that red skirt!!
    Monique xx

    www.misszuman.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have hands down the best thrifted clothes....this skirt is amazing and if I were you I would wear it as much as possible. I love the pleats and the color is so fun and looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found a similar skirt while thrifting recently. It is at the tailor right now, but when I get it back, I am sure I will wear it all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That skirt SHOULD get frequent wear. It's such a fun piece!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the skirt! You look stunning in it!

    I saw a similar one in Zara, in royal blue...BIG mistake not to buy it! :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey!! gorgeous.. what you talkin about??? you look amazing in shorts and alreadyd know how to style them up (MONDAY OUTFIT!!) I love it.. I havent styled shorts up too much yet.. am still chicken to make them look too girlie.. you rock the look If I do say so myself!!! xox oJ

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's an admirably hard-working skirt. I think this is one of my favourite outfits of yours, ever.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This top with this skirt (and belt) is a real winner combination! The proportions balance just perfectly, and the inverted cheveron of the top mirrors the pleats of the skirt. Very, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. keep wearing this skirt it never gets old!

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  14. no wonder you wear that poppy pleated skirt, it's so fabulous. if i had one i too would be wearing it often. love it with the stripes and that white top. and LOVE your wedges!!!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I seriously gasped when I saw this outfit! The skirt is beautiful and that top is perfect. Looks runway worthy.

    Thanks so much for visiting my blog and the sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).