Friday, June 10, 2011

It’s Friday. I wore some clothes to celebrate.

To participate, just pretend that Kool and the Gang song is playing (You know the one; Celebration, not Get Down on It.  Although, I supposed if you wanted to imagine Get Down on It, I wouldn’t blame you.  It's a great song):



So yes, I wore clothes.  Specifically an orange skirt (thrifted), blue leopard hoodie (Nordstrom), white tank (Old Navy) and pewter sandals (Lovely People via Ideeli).  And then I went and worked out at the Y during lunch with my friend Kory who is a bit of an exercise fanatic.  She is always asking me if I want to go running.  I am always asking her if I’m being chased.  Turns out the answer is ‘no’ to both questions. 

But, I did want to try this weight lifting workout and lemme tell ya somethin’ folks – I have NEVER regretted trying something new like I regretted this workout.  I can barely lift my arms, my calves hurt and I’m pretty sure I won’t be able to walk tomorrow.  Thank goodness I have nowhere to go, but good golly, I haven’t been this sore in a long time.

Today’s lesson?  It is NOT good to try new things, I don’t care what your mama told you.

Also?  Happy Friday, Everyone!

Gracey

15 comments:

  1. hey bello il tuo blog...ti seguo...vieni a visitare anche tu il mio...ciao http://robyesugar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the color of your skirt! i wish you had a twitter i always go to tweet to you but realize you dont have twitter! :(

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find running more successful when you're chasing after something, like the Ice Cream Man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Orange! And animal print, too! There's a celebration outfit if ever I've seen one. Very pretty.

    I do a lot of walking as my primary form of exercise, and I walk at a good, brisk, clip, but there's something about the idea of actually *running* that makes me want to go collapse on the sofa and eat a lot of cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :))))) Funny post! I get the exact same answer when I ask my hubs if he wants to come running with me!!! ;)
    I love the coral skirt! You have a great weekend, hope the soreness won't be that bad ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the color of your skirt! I seriously need to start working out as well. But maybe not weight lifting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha. About the work out. I go to the rec center at PSU sometimes and do their open classes. There are times I start in on that and basically die but won't leave because it'd be embarrassing. Love the bright orange :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAHA!! Girl I took the stairs the other day (6 flights) and the next day my thighs felt like they were going to fall off!! lol I love your skirt. the color is amazing! Kiah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, man. It cracks me up when I work out and the next day my entire body rebels against me! I hope the soreness goes away soon! Anyway, your skirt color rocks. I'm sure most of the comments above me already say the same thing, though, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Lovely Gracey! You write so well! I keep smiling reading you. :)

    You look fab and again, I missed commenting on so many of your posts, sorry! Ahh, you looked great in those too. :)

    I've finished the David Mitchell book, and was blown away, it was so good! I'm planning posting about it, but till I figure out how, I definitely recommend it to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the animal print top! So wild :) and the orange skirt looks great with it. you're so cute, Gracey (am i allowed to say that to someone who's 6' tall? i'm 5'2 so i hear it all the time). anyway, i totally feel you on the working out. i did it the other day when i dropped off the girls and i was hurting for like a week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Finally! The perfect comeback for when someone says to me, "You should go running." Thank you! (And every time I say it, I'll make a little circled C in the air and add, "Copyright Gracey.")

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gracey--Hope you are recovered from that workout by now! The skirt is a gorgeous color.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the color of the skirt...I am a runner and like you, my father always asks if someone is chasing me when I tell about running...it always makes me chuckle :) Hope you are no longer sore!!

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).