Monday, June 13, 2011

I Still Can’t Move My Arms

Especially my left one.  This has made washing my hair impossible.  However, because I care, I wore a bright coral blouse to give you, Dear Reader, something other than my unwashed hair to look at*:




See?  So bright.  What unwashed hair?  Exactly.  Just focus on the blouse, folks, focus on the blouse. 

Said blouse is a silk/linen blend that I thrifted awhile back.  I haven’t worn it before because it’s so darned boxy and my body doesn’t do well with boxy.  Boxy tops, unfortunately, eradicate the little bit of waist I do have, but I just love the color of this one.  And I needed something to draw the viewer’s eye away from my poor, lank ponytail.

The blouse is fairly sheer so I layered it over an orange tank (Banana Republic).  And I paired it with my trouser jeans (Gap), leopard wedges (Tahari via DSW), coral and opal earrings (Crafty Wonderland vendor), gold cuff (thrifted) and a multi-colored scarf (Nordstrom).

So, to recap.  Weight-lifting sucks.  I haven’t washed my hair in at least three days (really, the pain has caused me to lose track).  And I wear a lot of orange (I told you I loved it) and a lot of leopard (rowwrrr).

Happy Monday, Everyone!

Gracey

*Yes, I’m aware I could have kept my unwashed hair a secret, but transparency is a big deal here at Fashion for Giants.  Anything less than transparency and my thighs will use it as an excuse for a military coup.  It’s what they do.

17 comments:

  1. Hmmm, my arms like supporting puppet dictators, so we should probably never introduce those body parts to one another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, weight lifting DOES suck. I'll have to remember to avoid it at all costs. I think the blouse works well with the jeans, it creates a nice flowly 70s vibe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that blouse is such a pretty color! haha about twitter! i DID NOT get it either at first! it is basically a back and forth conversation, and your wall only shows what you have said to others, so nobody can see what people say to you, only what you say to the world. it is really weird... but totally cool because famous people write you back within a minute or so!!


    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gracey--I think this coral color is YOUR color! Every time you wear it, I think the same thing. What dirty hair?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hair? What hair? I am focusing on that fabulous shirt, scarf and jeans! This outfit is super cute. Those jeans are WOW!! Love it!! Kiah

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhh i almost never wash my hair...
    but i think you did a great job with the boxy top - i know they can be so tricky! and i love the color on you, it's perfect!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I really really like your pants! So 70's, & your shoes go nicely with the shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A little soreness can be good, but it sounds like you overdid it a bit:) Ouch! Love the outfit - I think the boxy shirt works well with these pants.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. *Focusing on Blouse* ouuu pretty :) Love the color! It's so "in" this summer.

    xo
    Aline

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry to hear about the arm...this is why I stick to running and dont mess with scary weights :) I LOVE the color of the blouse on you and it pairs perfectly with the scarf :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't ever let me get on the wrong side of your thighs! I like the colors and the jeans. I am still figuring out how to wear my new trouser jeans because it's so hot I just don't feel like it unless I a running late out the door. I am sure there are other ways to wear a boxy top like this one with several outfits, maybe if you used it like a jacket with a slim fitting skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yikes, that's a long time to be sore. Hopefully your arms stop rebelling soon, though, because it would drive me crazy knowing I can't use 'em. Anyway, that color is great on you and, of course, leopard print rocks. (:

    ReplyDelete
  13. Why does your unwashed hair look so much better than mine ever does? Sorry your arms are still sore though! I have the same problem with my legs sometimes if I overdo it at the gym (this hasn't been an issue lately, though). Even basic things like sitting down are tricky!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look great - love how you styled the blouse :) Hope you're pain free soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hear you on the boxy shape dilemma, but you've got it beat here, since it's draping so nicely. Lovely colour, looks great with the jeans. I hope your arms are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Okay. This may be my favorite look of yours ever! The color, the fit....it just all works!!! What I notice most though, about all of your posts is that you have the prettiest smile. Like one you'd see on an excited little girl! Hugs! ~Serene

    ReplyDelete
  17. dirty hair looks great on you. i'm a fan of dirty hair. and i'm also a fan of boxy tops. this one looks great on you and not really boxy at all. those GAP trousers are very flattering too! they were way too long for me, but that sorta makes sense since we're almost a foot apart in height :)

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).