Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Running Through the Jungle

Daily Outfit for Tuesday, June 07, 2011

I think I got too much sleep last night because I was squirrelly as heck while taking today’s photos.  Case in point, this photo here:


I’m pretending I was trying to show the cut of the tunic (it’s quite low both back and front) but sometimes a girl just feels like fake running in her photos.

These next two are some of the few that I wasn’t talking, laughing or distracted in:



Seriously, it was a rough shoot.  There is good news though – I rather like today’s outfit.  I bought this tunic this weekend from Ross Dress for Less where I’m pretty sure they were selling it as a dress.* Anyway, I layered my new tunic over a lace-trim camisole (Old Navy) and paired it with my “regular” length Flirt Skinnies (Old Navy), leopard peep-toe mini-wedges (v. old via Ross), orange earrings (via Last Thursday vendor) and a few bracelets (Banana Republic, Nordstrom, thrifted). 

Yes, it’s another tropical/jungle-themed outfit.  And no, I’ve never met an animal print I didn’t like.  It’s funny though because before I started blogging, I would not have said I had this much of an affinity for jungle and tropical prints.  But, now that I’m cataloguing everything I’m wearing I realize that I really do love them.  I think it’s because they have a tendency to be more bold (or crazy) than other prints and sometimes I like crazy (or bold).

I hope everyone had an equally bold, crazy, and squirrelly Tuesday (which really are the best kind of Tuesday to have).

Gracey

* Let me just say that this is NOT a dress.  Seriously folks, just because something clears your crotch by a whole four inches does not make it a dress.  At least not at my height.

17 comments:

  1. Gracey you look incredible!! I was laughing so hard because I have those (rare) days where I feel so energized when I wake up. Have you ever seen the movie Over the Hedge? You know the little animal Hammy that went nuts when he drank soda? That was my immediate thought when I saw your 1st pic!! lol YOU ARE SOOOOOOOOOO PRETTY GRACEY!! Kiah

    ReplyDelete
  2. the tunic is pretty and i love your "squirrely" hyper energy!

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too much sleep? Wow, there's a problem I wish I had lately :) What a beautiful tunic! That's definitely not dress-length for us tall gals, though I see more and more short dresses out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look great.. I love this photoshoot and love your top.. I had to laugh and then dig out this old post of mine.. made me laugh because of the similarity of the poses... LOL
    http://day2daywear.blogspot.com/2010/08/daily-outfit-bat-girl.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your action shot! Your new tunic is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that first photo!! and the tunic is great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun and wacky photo's are the best. And I think that all the animal print just means you are getting in touch with your wild side. Yeah, yeah thats it ;)

    That there outfit has given me inspiration for wearing an orphan tunic that I have. Viva la fashion Blogs!

    xox doreen

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you were having fun! The tunic (dress?) with the skinny jeans is a great style choice and I love the print.
    I do love prints as well; my obsession are flower prints and anything black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crazy bold looks good on you, Gracey! And I'm so bummed the wedges are old, sad monkeyface.

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful pictures! i love the tunic (sadly, i have one just like it and it IS a dress).

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the top and great animal flats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have that same dress/tunic in purple. I am very tall myself, however, it's a dress on me because of my short torso. I love how you have it styled here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. "just because something clears your crotch by a whole four inches does not make it a dress"

    I think more people need to hear this...seriously. Just found your blog today and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Girlfriend, what can I say, your fake run shot made my day! You are so funny, and so georgeous! I have a feeling we could have a really good and giddy time toghether. Any plans of coming to Oslo soon? :) x Anika

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely tunic, and I dig the leopard print!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ahhh! just found your blog via a link from always pretty and i'm so excited because i'm 6' too!

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).