Monday, June 6, 2011

You Want Accessories? Oh, I’ll Show You Accessories

Unlike Thursday’s unadorned dress, I wore the heck out of some accessories the past couple of days.  I didn’t wear much of anything on Friday – I had the day off and it was sunny so most of the afternoon was spend sunbathing with the dog.  For some reason, our dog loves himself a good lawn chair so we laid out both Friday and Saturday afternoons.  Otherwise I ran some errands but mostly did nothing.  Let’s just say I got A LOT of reading done.

On Sunday, however, I had reason to get out of the house.  I went shopping and bought some shoes, went to lunch and then on a date with my current favorite person to date.  We went out to Multnomah Falls along the Columbia River and it was absolutely gorgeous:

View of the Falls from near the bottom


View from the Falls from just above the bridge

And yes, I was accessorized:



I wore these maybe-slightly-too-big khaki shorts (Target) with a new yellow blouse (also Target) and accessorized with my favorite vintage turquoise-beaded cuff, a turquoise ring, vintage blue glass bead necklace, multi-colored medallion earrings, a vintage Anne Klein clutch and pewter sandals (Lovely People via Ideeli).

After the falls we went to a graduation party, for which I traded out my sandals for these fabulous leopard print wedges (Tahari via DSW):


Today I kept the accessorizing bonanza alive:



I paired a jersey dress (Target) with a thin leather belt (Gap), one of my new scarves (Nordstrom), a wood bangle (Alberta Street vendor), unkempt hair (it was just so very kempt the day before) and my new favorite shoes: blue platform sandals (MRKT via DSW). 

Seriously, folks, these are easily the most comfortable shoes I’ve ever worn.  They feel like they have at least a half-inch of padding in the soles and the straps don’t pinch or cut into my dear piggies.  And the color!  I’ve already decided this lovely periwinkle will go with everything.  Like this dress!  And this scarf! 

I know, I know; that’s a lot of enthusiasm for a Monday, but it was sunny this weekend.  In Oregon!  And I bought shoes.  And scarves.  Really, you’re just going to have to cut a girl some slack.  I will end it here though. 

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend too.  And Happy Monday, All!

Gracey

16 comments:

  1. I've got nothing but love for these outfits. You look fabulous! And I love your unkempt hair. Very soft and beachy. If you could get your hair to talk to my hair about how to look soft and beachy that would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my gosh, you are freaking gorgeous! Yayface! I'm so glad to hear that your dating life is swimming along so nicely, as well. The falls would be a lovely place for a date. I haven't been in years, but we used to live there when I was little. There used to be a guy at the concession stand who could make little squirrels with the soft-serve ice cream. Magic! And I love the squashed pennies from the gift shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the yellow top and the blue shoes in the second outfit...your outfits were so colorful and fun, I love them! Also the pictures of the falls are breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lalalove your Monday look!! the color of the dress looks fantastic with your skin tone, the scarf is tied in a pretty and unique way, and YES MRKT sandals are insanely comfortable - I love the color of yours (I got a pair in bisque - but i think they are higher)

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  5. i adore that pink dress on you, and the falls look amazing!!!

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word would you look at that beautiful view!! Breathtaking!! You look so fabulous in shorts with your lovely long legs! I love that yellow top! That pink dress is just perfection on you. Really...you look gorgeous! Kiah

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks and sounds like a great weekend! It FINALLY seemed (yes seemed) like summer. Today, not so much. At least we know it's on the way. LOVE your new shoes and I think your hair looks great unkempt:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa, I am really impressed by the falls--and the accessories, especially the way you have tied the scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! I love how you're managing to make khaki NOT boring, which is such a challenge for me that I seldom wear it. Unkempt is a great look on your hair, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Things I love about this post (pretty much everything):
    1. Multnomah Falls - I was there in '05 or '06, and it's gotta be one of the prettiest places in the world. I love waterfalls and bridges!
    2. Your entire first outfit--especially that yellow top! Want!!!
    3. The fact that I have that same dress you wore in your second outfit. It looks great with a scarf--I've never thought to do that for some reason! I also love it with blue shoes.
    4. Your hair looks super cute in the second look!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Monday's outfit. The color is great on you and that scarf is a perfect compliment.

    Also I have to agree with the others - your hair looks great! If that is 'unkempt' - I envy you!

    Have a great week. Weather looks great. We are suffering from record high temps in central Texas - over 100 already!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool tie-job with that scarf. You look chic and comfy and casual that is the magic trifecta if you asked me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, the falls are gorgeous! And I really like your date outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're a vision!

    The nature photos are terrific as well.

    But you in that yellow top -- GORGEOUS! The jersey dress looks lovely on you as well!

    p.s. you've been tagged in my latest post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. that yellow top is sooooo pretty! I love the color SO much! And I really like what you've done with the Nordstrom scarves - what a cool look!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great outfits - thank you for sharing! You gave me some ideas..you are an inspiration. Greetings from Germany (not warm enoug here for shorts or bermudas) - Lola

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).