Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Elusive Zebra-Leafed Hibiscus

Daily Outfit for Tuesday, May 28th

I’m pretty sure the pattern of this blouse is taken directly from nature:


Admittedly, I haven’t done a lot (any) traveling in equatorial nations, but surely somewhere, some very, very remote somewhere, there is a zebra-leafed hibiscus plant.  And this plant is probably worshipped for its healing powers, or because it makes a tasty, if slightly hallucinogenic tea, or because it makes a deadly dart tip even deadlier.  Whatever its use, I’m sure the elusive zebra-leafed hibiscus is completely awesome.  Just like the blouse it influenced.


As I said the first time I wore this blouse, I recognize it’s a bit kitsch, maybe even tacky, but I love this darned thing.  This time I paired the blouse (vintage, thrifted) with a high-waist, midi-skirt (thrifted), my new wedges (G by Guess via Piperlime) and, taking some advice from Reader Ismay, I added a long necklace (gifted?).  I also added my trusty cuff (thrifted) because it’s trusty.

Remember, it’s not tacky if you love it!*

Gracey

*Like much the “advice” dispensed here on Fashion for Giants, I’d take this with a grain of salt if I were you.

22 comments:

  1. These wedges are A-mazing! And I love the colours in that top! Way fab...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous and those shoes are KILLER!!! I love the top and the plant MUST exist somewhere.... I would love a cup of tea! ;) Have a great day! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gracey you look AMAZING in this outfit! I love your story about the Zebra plant! lol That top is beautiful and that skirt is perfect with it. Everything fits you so well! Love those shoes too! Kiah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this outfit! It looks so polished, but the print of the not-at-all-tacky top adds so much interest! Those zebra leaves are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gracey, you look breathtaking. seriously, this is a perfect outfit! i love love love that top and it looks so awesome with that skirt and those super fab wedges!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your advice is actually pretty sound--if you wear something you love, you look happy in it, and who cares if it's tacky or trendy? Plus, if there's one thing I've learned from reading fashion blogs, it's that a creative mind can take something that might look mom-ish or dated, play with it, and make it truly fabulous! Just like you've done here. You look great, and when they find the zebra-leafed hibiscus in the wild, they'll christen it graceyus fashionforgiantsusus. Just you wait and see.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, you should totally go seeking out that zebra hibiscus...
    But no matter how tacky, when styled well, you can make almost anything work!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG those shoes and that skirt...yes ma'am you are ready!!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great outfit gracey! i love that skirt :)

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha, I'd like to sample some of that tea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's not tacky at all, its unique and funky, and most importantly you wear it well. Love those killer shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. If it doesn't exist in nature, it SHOULD. Such a fun print!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this blouse...it is not tacky at all, it is amazing and unique!! This outfit my be my favorite on you...You pulled everything together so well....those shoes are to die for...love love love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah, yes, Hibiscus multibilis zebrai - the illusive zebra subspecies. Rare in the wild, but surprisingly common in thrift stores...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well,patterned blouses like that were not my style but lately i'm changing my mind as they are versatile and make great outfits that stand out! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gracey! If you and I ever do an outfit swap, I've got dibs on this one! This is gorgeous on you! Hugs! ~Serene

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think the proportions here are great on you, and I love those shoes. If I ever see this plant you mention, I will be sure and get a phot of it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I adore this look! Yay for zebra leafed hibiscus!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think it's a great print, and you've paired it beautifully with the skirt. And don't even get me started on those shoes - stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A lovely outfit! The print (with the splashes of red) look gorgeous on you!

    BTW, I'm in love with wood earrings in one of your recent post!

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).