Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Turquoise and Lime

The scarf is the entire point of this outfit:


I love it.  I think it flatters my skin tone like nobody’s business and what’s better than turquoise and lime?  Besides, of course, turquoise and lime with a pop of orange.  And will you look at that, I’ve given you a pop of orange.  Just don’t say I never do anything for you.


In order to let my ridiculously fabulous scarf (Echo “Ornate” via Nordstrom) be the focus, I paired it with black cropped pants (Banana Republic) and a white tee (Target).  I added cognac accents with the shoes (BC Footwear) and the braided belt (thrifted).  And, of course, the coup de grace, a pop of orange in the form of drop earrings (Alberta street vendor).  As an added bonus, I think the orange earrings tie in quite nicely with the cognac accents, proving once again that orange goes with everything.

And because we’re all big on full disclosure and transparency (no puppet regimes here, Katie) I have to admit that Rebekah (of The Mixed Up Files…) wore a pair of black trousers, a white tee and a bright scarf the other day and I loved it so much I basically copied her.  Because sometimes that’s just how we roll here at Fashion for Giants.

Happy Wednesday, Everyone!

Gracey

14 comments:

  1. You are so funny and cute!! I love that scarf!! It really does compliment your skin tone. I LOVE your shoes girl! I need some of those!! Kiah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that scarf! Lime is one of my favorite colors. Also love those cognac shoes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty scarf! I have a turquoise and lime scarf too! I'll have to copy your copycat outfit soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You crack me up. No matter where the inspiration came from, you're workin' it. With fantastic style AND awesome shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That scarf is great! And I am so loving orange and lime on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, thanks for the shoutout! I really like your version!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That lime is gorgeous! It's so tropical and summery (and makes me think of cool lime popsicles, haha). I love the idea of the outfit, when I start my own fashion blog I'll have to continue the chain by stealing it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great scarf! really brightens up your outfit. and it is a good color on you!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had me at turquoise. I love the scarf, and i think it is great as the focal point - i'd also love to see how well it plays with others - you should totally pair it with an orange dress!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  10. And what a point that scarf makes! It really is a great colour on you, and if there's anything I love, it's an awesome scarf being the focus of an outfit. Now I'm wondering if I have any turquoise and lime in my enormous scarf collection...

    ReplyDelete
  11. you look like sweet sweet summer. i love scarfs but i haven't worn any recently. something tells me thats about to change. lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the simplicity of this outfit and i love the shoes.I also like how the scarf makes it special and how by changing the scarf you could have a totaly different look.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey there! I love this outfit...so I copied it and blogged about it (with full props!). Post will be up this weekend!

    http://springclean4themayqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).